Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering Composite Processes
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Composites Production and is part of the extended Manufacturing Engineering. This leadership role is fundamental in building a new way of high volume production within a few years.
The Composite Manufacturing team is responsible for making the structures of the Lilium Jet a reality. From selecting production processes and implementing them to driving the ‘design to manufacture’ for our composite structure, you’ll play an integral part in preparing our business for production.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused composites production. The “Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering” will lead the Manufacturing Engineering team for all composite processes, their domestic factory set up & operations as well as implementation in the supply chain. The primary responsibilities include the process selection, acquisition, and operation as well as continuous improvement.
The “Team Leader Manufacturing Engineering” drives 3 key processes within Lilium from material supply up to component assembly:
(1) Composite Process Selection
(2) Process Acquisition including Equipment specification, commissioning, and ramp-up
(3) Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
Your Day to Day: .
- Plan and allocate Manufacturing Engineering team for process acquisition and shop floor support
- Recruit, qualify and supervise a team of Manufacturing Engineers
- Lead technical and process improvement projects to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets for the composite plant
- Lead a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for the components concerned
Your Profile .
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace with experience – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Must be an appreciated expert in Composite Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering leadership role in a modern high-volume composite production environment of automotive or aircraft
- Leading more than 20 manufacturing engineers and capable of an extended cross-functional leadership with a “end to end” mind-set.
- Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts for Composite manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership with a high response & real-time work behavior
- Specific requirements
- Software/IT skills: ERP, Digital Twin modelling, Simulation models
- Excellent project management skills to deploy the manufacturing road map
- Having the key credentials of a modern production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product and business model into the development of a lead in field modern and effective factory
- Excellent analysis capability; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Jobs You May Like
Support Lead - UK
Enjoy, Edgware Road, London