The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 700 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding Propulsion Aerodynamicist with a proven industry track record to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
You will report directly to the Head of Acoustics and Propulsion Aerodynamics and will contribute, as part of the multi-disciplinary Propulsion Integrated Project Team to the development, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
Your Day to Day:
- Taking a leading role in the design of the Lilium Jet, with a focus on turbomachinery design and aerodynamic integration of the propulsion system
- Lead and execute fluid dynamics simulations to support the aerodynamic design and aerothermal interactions with the powertrain
- Execute V&V on both methods and design based on experimental data from different rigs and wind tunnel testing
- Standardize, automate and synchronize calculation processes and methods in different levels of fidelity
- Evaluate new methods and approaches to speed-up the design loop time
- Link the requirements and deliverables of the thermal and aerodynamics team within the Propulsion Integrated Project Team
- Working closely together with the Propulsion V&V team
- Author and review high quality technical documentation
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of methods and engineering processes to increase data quality and reliability, as well as team efficiency
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience in the application and continuous development of calculation methods and design applied to aircraft propulsion systems
- 3+ years of experience in aerothermal calculations applied to turbine hot gas path design or cooling components (heat exchanger, etc.)
- In-depth experience in multi-disciplinary design of fluid coupled components using CFD, CHT and FSI methods
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, system modeling and analysis
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English skills are essential
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.