Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 700 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As a System Cybersecurity Engineer you are responsible to oversee and drive the security development activities within the aircraft program. Whether you are working on designing security measures that meet the security requirements or you are defining security controls that are deployed to connected systems, you'll have the chance to play a fundamental role in supporting the full product lifecycle, from conceptual design to operational engagement of an aircraft.
You will report directly to the Manager Aircraft Cybersecurity. The team is responsible to meet airworthiness security regulations and support the development of security controls for airborne systems and supporting tools for the next-generation aircraft.
This is a key role to collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams to meet customer's needs and define the overall security architecture. You will have the chance to act as an subject matter expert across the program to guide system engineering teams towards a secure-by-design product.
Your day to day:
- Security development activities for systems on the aircraft, including implementation of security measures on technical and procedural level to mitigate identified risks
- Co-operate with system engineering and hardware/software development teams
- Lead and/or participate in the aircraft security architecture activities
- Develop and maintain best practices and security development standards for next-generation airborne systems
- Provide subject matter expert support, awareness, and training to system engineering within the company
- Support security related customer milestones and assessments
- Master's in Computer Science, Embedded System Design, or IT Security
- At least 10 years experience in security engineering
- Applied knowledge of implementation of security goals on aircraft/product level
- Experience in certification approach and audits with regulators (EASA/FAA, TÜV SÜD, IEC certification)
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following security standards/guidelines (DO-326A/ED-202A series, SAE J3061, IEC 62443)
- Solid understanding of aeronautical networking and communication protocols as well as embedded system technologies
- Target oriented, driven workstyle in analytic problem-solving skills required
- Preferably a security certification in, e.g., OSCP, CEH, CISSP, ECSA, or related
- Ability to develop and explain technical decisions and recommendations effectively with technical and non-technical audiences through verbal and written communications that lead to actionable and measurable improvements
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.