System Verification Engineer
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 700 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced System Verification Engineer to shape the future of urban e-mobility. This role is a senior position and will contribute, as part of an integrated cross functional team, to the architecture, design, certification, and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will also contribute to the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standard, as well as working directly with software development team.
Your Day to Day:
- Participate in functional development, validation, and verification of the system requirements for eVTOL aircraft.
- Work closely with software verification/electronic/quality/airworthiness/test rigs development teams.
- Be the expert for coordination of activities with various departments and the certification authorities.
- Contribute to all aspects aspects of the system and manage its whole validation and verification cycle.
- Write and review certification documents, integration and V&V plans and work directly with compliance demonstration for the regulatory requirements.
- Perform system planning activities, validate requirements for subsystems and components with special focus on reuse V&V strategy for similar components.
- Define verification reuse concept across multiple levels (System, Item, Software)
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions.
- Develop and execute tests in Model-in-the-loop and Hardware-in-the-loop environment.
- Constantly learn new things and share them with your team members.
- BA/MA in Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- System engineering trainings such as INCOSE, with focus on MBSE/MBD are a plus.
- Whole-aircraft certification program experience, Part 25 (Part 23 is a plus).
- At least 7 years of experience in validation and verification of ATA-27/ATA-30/ATA-72 systems in aerospace with deep knowledge of ARP-4754A, DO-178C. DO-331 is a strong plus.
- Experience in completing the certification program, or involvement in EASA/FAA (or other similar national agencies) audits.
- Experience in supplier management regulatory material and certification requirements.
- Experience in authoring and executing automated test scripts as well as performing manual testing.
- Hands-on experience with Model-Based Development Methods and Tools: such as MathWorks
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
The best bed for better sleep