Senior Test Engineer - Battery
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Component Test and work closely with our Component Testing team.
The Component Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will serve as the person of contact for all Battery tests and manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. You will setup and execute tests of small and large scale prototypes and provide valuable input for electrical, thermal and mechanical battery engineers as well as for production.
Your Day to Day:
- Planning and setup of labs and lab equipment
- Design of test benches for testing of electrical, electro-chemical, electro-mechanicalcomponents, including battery abuse tests
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of tests of battery cells, modules and packs as well as electric parts and components according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311 and other standards, in-house and with partners
- Support of production planning and end-of-line test setup
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in electrical/power/mechatronics engineering or a related field required
- Strong knowledge of working in electrical labs and good practice of testing
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in working with multi-kW electrical systems and voltages above ELV to be qualified as an electrically skilled person (IEC 60050, DIN VDE 1000-10)
- Experience in electrical and cell measurement equipment like high power suppliesand loads, data acquisition systems, battery (cell) test systems
- Experience/training in live working with hazardous voltages is a plus
- Knowledge of battery systems, particularly Li-ion batteries is a plus
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace field is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.