Senior Health, Safety & Environment Officer - Production
The Lilium Jet All-electric. Affordable. With the Push of a Button.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
The goal of the HSE team is to foster a safe and healthy occupational environment. For that reason we are looking for an ambitious, reliable, critical thinking, analytical and hands on person to support us on our mission in achieving highest aviation health, safety, and environmental standards.
Your role would be to co-ordinate, support and advise the business, on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health, Safety and Environment within the company are adhered to, to ensure a safe working environment.
Your day to day:
- Support in developing risk assessments and Standard Operating Procedures
- Design training programs to provide safety awareness education
- Design strategies to reduce incidents or accidents
- Support in accident/incident investigation and analyses
- Support in planning, developing, implementing and monitoring the success of HSE campaigns and projects
- Support in developing HSE inspection checklists
- Support in the development of the Lock out / Tag out Program
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas in relation to HSE
- Serve as HSE subject matter expert and provide information to management about HSE related performance, issues and status of the HSE system in regards to effectiveness and compliance
- Observes HSE regulations, encourages safe working practices and corrects obvious hazards immediately
- Develop and implement HSE policies, processes and procedures
- Support the ongoing efforts in hazardous material management
- Develop machine safety guidance and proper documentation
- Conduction of audits and on site inspections, including reports with the subsequent derivation of measure
Business Experience / Skills
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field
- 10+ experience as HSE Officer or similar roles
- Valid certification in Occupational Health and Safety (SIFA) is a plus but not mandatory
- Deep understanding of HSE European rules and regulations
- Hands-on mentality, execution-focused, and strong cross functional collaboration
- Machine safety expert (preferable)
- Experience with International health and safety regulations
- Experienced with relevant ISO and DIN standards ( ISO45000, ISO14001)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication in English and interpersonal abilities
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture club sessions and free weekly yoga classes!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About us Lilium is a disruptive aviation start-up based in Munich. Co-founded in 2015 by Daniel Wiegand, Sebastian Born, Patrick Nathen and Matthias Meiner, the team brings together international world-class engineers and designers. The group shares the vision of a completely new type of individual transportation and is dedicated to develop and build the world’s first fully electric vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) jet. An estimated range of up to 300 km and a top speed of 300 km/h, along with zero emissions make it the most efficient and eco-friendly individual means of transportation of our time. By providing ultra-redundancy, the Lilium Jet will also set new standards in safety. Lilium aims at liberating towns and cities from today’s congestion and pollution, with people able to come and go freely, vastly expanding the radius of their everyday lives.
Want to learn more about Lilium? Visit Lilium's website.
The social news and entertainment company.