- Help company build and execute its new markets strategy and playbook, and execute effective community affairs and business development outreach.
- Cultivate the necessary relationships with government leaders, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to effectively carry out business development strategy.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward launch of new markets.
- Assess and carry-out strategic partnerships for the company, particularly with city governments, transit authorities, local stakeholders, and other relevant institutions.
- Establish key executive relationships with local government leaders, policy makers, and regulatory agencies, meeting with them on a regular basis to create lasting relationships that help to establish trust, mitigate potential obstacles, and convey the company's priorities and strategies.
- Advance the company's relationships with local government, trade, civic and business organizations to advance efforts and sustain efforts in new communities.
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align LimeBike’s social mission in transportation, health, and the environment to enhance community outreach initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with marketing team on field marketing and local media activities.
- Support company’s work with strategic advisers.
- Support government affairs and business development team by tracking and advising on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters.
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy and community outreach goals.
- 5+ years experience in government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to speak in public.
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- A strong business development and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance.
- Government affairs know-how. Experience leading or working at a high level in government arenas, particularly city government.
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are an energetic person who is not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- Focus to execute: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once. You are able to prioritize the highest impact projects and execute well under pressure while maintaining long term strategic focus.
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Leadership: As this role involves recruiting and managing a team of full and part time brand ambassadors, ideally you have prior people management experience.
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, leveraging tech for good.
- Available for travel.
- Bachelor's degree required and experience working within, or working with, government and political campaign experience preferred.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and incentives. Salary + Equity
- Work location is flexible. Bay Area preferred (San Mateo HQ with San Francisco and Berkeley satellite offices).
- Competitive benefits
- Opportunity to scale with a rapidly growing organization with uncapped opportunity for career growth
- A passionate, fearless, and ambitious team
- An instrumental role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
About Us LimeBike is not just a tech mobility company. We are a people and relationships company first and foremost. And we’re committed to building with our LimeBike community. Our Story LimeBike was founded on a simple premise: How do we ensure future generations will not only be able to live on a healthy planet, but actually thrive? LimeBike aims to provide a sustainable solution to the first and last mile transportation problem by helping people move around their cities in an affordable and convenient way while eliminating their carbon footprint. We are here to empower future generations to change their behavior so we can save this planet together. With that vision, we launched LimeBike in June 2017. LimeBike is not just a tech mobility company. We are a people and relationships company first and foremost. And we’re committed to building with you.
Want to learn more about LimeBike? Visit LimeBike's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Publisher Development
TripleLift, New York
Head of China Operations
Zipline, Latin America
Internship Consulting for 6 months
Interbrand, Cologne, Germany
Business Development Lead - Long Island (Contract)
Lyft, Long Island, NY
Business Development Manager
Landor, Hong Kong