- Help company build and execute its new markets strategy and playbook, and execute effective community affairs and business development outreach.
- Cultivate the necessary local relationships with government leaders, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to effectively carry out business development strategy.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward the launch of new markets.
- Assess and carry-out strategic partnerships for the company, particularly with city governments, transit authorities, local stakeholders, and other relevant institutions.
- Establish key relationships with local government leaders, policy makers, and regulatory agencies, meeting with them on a regular basis to create lasting relationships that help to establish trust, mitigate potential obstacles, and convey the company's priorities and strategies.
- Advance the company's relationships to advance efforts and sustain efforts.
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy and community outreach goals.
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions and similar groups to align LimeBike’s social mission in transportation, health, and the environment to enhance community outreach initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with marketing team on field marketing and local media activities.
- Support company’s work with strategic advisers and local consultants.
- Support government affairs and business development team by tracking and advising on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters.
- 5+ years experience in government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships in the metro area.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to speak in public.
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- A strong business development and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance.
- Government affairs know-how. Experience leading or working at a high level in local or regional government arenas, particularly city government.
- Pure hustle: We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are an energetic person who is not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- Focus on executing: Being on the front edge of our growth strategy means you are doing a million things at once. You can prioritize the highest impact projects and execute well under pressure while maintaining long-term strategic focus.
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the business toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Leadership: As this role involves recruiting and managing a team of full and part-time brand ambassadors, ideally you have previous people management experience.
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, leveraging tech for good.
- Must have strong sales skills.
- Past experience developing sales plans and outreach strategies.
- Available for travel.
- Bachelor's degree required.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated coworkers
- Competitive salary and benefits
About Us LimeBike is not just a tech mobility company. We are a people and relationships company first and foremost. And we’re committed to building with our LimeBike community. Our Story LimeBike was founded on a simple premise: How do we ensure future generations will not only be able to live on a healthy planet, but actually thrive? LimeBike aims to provide a sustainable solution to the first and last mile transportation problem by helping people move around their cities in an affordable and convenient way while eliminating their carbon footprint. We are here to empower future generations to change their behavior so we can save this planet together. With that vision, we launched LimeBike in June 2017. LimeBike is not just a tech mobility company. We are a people and relationships company first and foremost. And we’re committed to building with you.
Want to learn more about LimeBike? Visit LimeBike's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Account Manager - Branded Content
Whistle Sports, New York City
Postmates, San Francisco
Freelance Medical Advisor/Expert
Healthline Media, Remote, US
Information Security Compliance & Privacy Manager
The Sourcery, Mindstrong
Senior Business Development Manager
Eventbrite, Melbourne, Australia
Media & Partnerships Manager
LimeBike, San Mateo, CA