Experienced Associate, M&A
Lincoln International, Chicago, IL
A Global Investment Bank with a Passion for the Mid-Market
We are trusted investment banking advisors to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Our advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. We also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 500 professionals across 15 countries, we offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success. With extensive industry knowledge and relationships, timely market intelligence and strategic insights, we forge deep, productive client relationships that endure for decades. Connect with us to learn more at www.lincolninternational.com.
Lincoln International is seeking experienced Associates to join our rapidly growing M&A practice in Chicago. Successful candidates have strong cognitive and interpersonal abilities, want to develop their professional and personal skills and are motivated by the prospect of building a leading M&A advisory firm.
The Associate position at Lincoln International involves interacting closely with the firm’s senior bankers and clients’ senior executives. Our Associates are heavily involved in every aspect of an M&A transaction and ultimately, master the ability to execute a deal from start-to-finish. Given our global platform, Associates also receive a high level of exposure to international clients and buyers, thus further enhancing their experience. In addition, Associates are expected to contribute to Analysts’ development and support new business development efforts.
Lincoln International continuously provides our Associates with opportunities beyond typical roles in order to accelerate professional development and maximize career trajectory.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Performing financial analyses and valuations
- Conducting industry research
- Identifying and contacting potential buyers or acquisition targets
- Preparing confidential information memoranda and management presentations
- Interacting with senior bankers and clients’ senior executives
- Participating in new business meetings
- Hosting visits by potential buyers at client facilities
- Supporting senior bankers during transaction negotiations
- Facilitating due diligence and transaction closings
- Leading or implementing initiatives focused on growing the firm’s franchise value
- Fluent in accounting and finance and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive, self-motivated and desire to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Prior M&A, capital raising or investment banking experience
- Ideal candidate is either a post-MBA Associate with 1-2+ years of sell-side M&A experience, OR an Analyst to Associate promote with 4-5+ years of sell-side M&A experience
Lincoln International is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
About Lincoln International
About Us Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity. Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.
Want to learn more about Lincoln International? Visit Lincoln International's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Project Manager - Global Real Estate
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Associate Director, Finance - Payroll and Global Mobility
Sidewalk Labs, New York
Clover Health, Nashville, TN or Remote
Senior Commercial Underwriter
Zendrive, Sacramento, California
Treasury and Hedge Accounting Specialist
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
Capital Markets Director
Affirm, New York, NY