Vice President, Valuations
Lincoln International, Chicago, New York, London
A Global Investment Bank with a Passion for the Mid-Market
Lincoln International is a trusted investment banking advisor to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Our advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. We also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 500 professionals across 16 countries, we offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success. With extensive industry knowledge and relationships, timely market intelligence and strategic insights, we forge deep, productive client relationships that endure for decades. Connect with us to learn more at www.lincolninternational.com.
Lincoln International’s Valuations & Opinions Group, is an industry leader in the valuation of alternative and illiquid investments for investment funds, including business development companies (BDCs), hedge funds, and private equity groups. The group also advises on valuation matters for corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, restructurings, recapitalizations, related party transactions, and for general tax, accounting, litigation, and regulatory purposes.
Lincoln International is seeking a Vice President to join the Valuations & Opinions Group in its Chicago or New York offices. Officers work closely with the firm’s Managing Directors and clients in providing valuation and financial advisory services across multiple engagements and offices. Lincoln International’s practice is growing rapidly, and we are looking to add a talented individual to support our client service and quality control activities, expand our capabilities and bolster our marketing efforts. Responsibilities at Lincoln International are often more entrepreneurial than at other firms providing self-motivated individuals with many opportunities to contribute to a dynamic and growing platform. A successful candidate will be an assertive, motivated self-starter with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Prior investment banking and/or transaction experience is preferred, but not required.
- Leading project teams providing valuation and financial advisory services to clients, including determining appropriate valuation methodologies and reviewing financial models for illiquid debt and equity investments, business enterprise valuations and hedge fund/private equity valuations
- Providing quality control oversight to engagement teams
- Managing, training and developing associates and analysts at the firm
- Proactive calling on potential new clients including alternative investment managers (private equity, private credit, BDCs, etc.), financial institutions, privately held business owners and publicly traded companies
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to management and writing business proposals and engagement letters
- Minimum of five years’ experience in performing business valuations, valuations of illiquid and complex securities, and fairness / solvency opinions
- Proficiency in designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction, and option pricing analyses
- Ability to develop valuation approaches for various forms of securities and unique instruments including equity and debt securities, loans, derivative instruments, structured products and intangible assets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to critically analyze companies and understand key business issues, including value drivers and investment risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of credit and M&A markets
- Experience with successfully managing teams of associates and analysts
- Understanding of authoritative guidance related to valuations
- ASC-820 and IFRS 13, valuation industry best practices, and emerging issues
- Ability to act as a primary point of contact with clients
- Ability to effectively multi-task, managing multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Confidently and credibly connect with potential new clients and lead client meetings
- Excellence in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA; strong academic record (both undergraduate and graduate)
- Active CPA, ASA and/or CFA preferred but not required
Lincoln International is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
About Lincoln International
About Us Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity. Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.
Want to learn more about Lincoln International? Visit Lincoln International's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.