Vice President, M&A
Lincoln International, Chicago, New York
A Global Investment Bank with a Passion for the Mid-Market
We are trusted investment banking advisors to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Our advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. We also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 700 professionals across 16 countries, we offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success. With extensive industry knowledge and relationships, timely market intelligence and strategic insights, we forge deep, productive client relationships that endure for decades. Learn more at www.lincolninternational.com.
At Lincoln International, we know that the success of our global organization is a direct outcome of the strength of our people. We encourage diversity of thought and create talent density by attracting, retaining and engaging high performers from all demographics, backgrounds and perspectives. We value diversity, equity and inclusion as a catalyst to foster innovation and creative problem solving, access the best candidates and adapt to a highly dynamic, competitive environment. We know that employing a diverse team and valuing the unique perspectives of our people allows us to better understand and serve the needs of our clients.
Lincoln International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Duties & Responsibilities
Lincoln International is seeking to add Vice Presidents to our rapidly growing M&A practice in all industries. This role entails working closely with the firm’s Managing Directors in building relationships with clients and potential clients. This individual will need to have deep experience executing sell-side deals in the middle market. In addition, Vice Presidents are expected to contribute to Associates’ and Analysts’ development at the firm. Responsibilities at Lincoln International are often less rigid and more entrepreneurial than at other firms, and the firm only hires individuals who will have the ability to develop into Partners in the organization over time.
Lincoln International continuously provides our Vice Presidents with opportunities beyond typical roles in order to accelerate professional development and maximize career trajectory. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Proactive calling on potential new clients including private equity firms, privately-held business owners and publicly-traded companies.
- Conceptualizing, organizing, processing and delivering new business presentations for potential transactions.
- Leading the execution of transactions.
- Managing, training and developing Associates and Analysts at the firm.
- Must possess a strong track record of executing financing and/or M&A transactions, preferably in the middle market.
- Must display an ability to confidently and credibly connect with potential new clients and to lead client meetings.
- Must excel in finance, accounting and financial modeling and have good business acumen.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must display an ability to seek and identify new business opportunities in concert with Managing Director(s) as well as independently.
- Must have the experience to successfully manage teams of Associates and Analysts.
- Must have an MBA from a top-tier program and have a strong academic record (both undergraduate and graduate).
- A successful candidate will be an assertive, motivated self-starter with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Lincoln International is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
About Lincoln International
About Us Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity. Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.
Want to learn more about Lincoln International? Visit Lincoln International's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.