Lincoln International, London
A Global Investment Bank with a Passion for the Mid-Market
We are trusted investment banking advisors to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Our advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. We also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 500 professionals across 16 countries, we offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success. With extensive industry knowledge and relationships, timely market intelligence and strategic insights, we forge deep, productive client relationships that endure for decades. Connect with us to learn more at www.lincolninternational.com.
Lincoln International UK is part of Lincoln International LLC, a global M&A investment bank in the mid-market. Lincoln’s UK office was formally launched back in January 2008. They’re now looking for an analyst to join their Valuations and Opinions team. Being an independent adviser, they provide impartial advice across a number of sub-sectors.
With a small team based in London, an analyst will be responsible for execution of active assignments and pitching for new mandates. An analyst will require the following experience and qualifications:
Main duties & responsibilities:
The Analyst position within the Valuations & Opinions Group provides an excellent opportunity to become an expert in valuations. The Analyst serves as the analytical and organisational anchor for the Valuations & Opinions Group. Responsibilities at Lincoln International are often more entrepreneurial than at other firms providing self-motivated individuals with many opportunities to contribute to a dynamic and growing platform. Successful Analysts are assertive, motivated self-starters with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Preparing, completing, and ensuring the accuracy of financial models and sophisticated valuation analyses;
- Writing valuation reports and presentations;
- Coordinating recurring valuation projects with team members across multiple geographies;
- Interacting with clients and preparing deliverables;
- Maintaining proprietary valuation databases;
- Tracking the capital markets and analysing any changes within the markets;
- Preparing marketing materials for meetings with potential clients;
- Supporting the senior members of the Valuations & Opinions Group;
Skills, qualification & experience:
- Excellent analyst foundation with advanced understanding of financial statements and various valuation methodologies (DCF, LBO, comparable company analysis, etc.);
- Proficiency at financial modelling with advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Strong writing skills and experience with PowerPoint and Microsoft Word;
- Effective organisational skills and the aptitude to manage people and work products;
- Strong communication skills and experience interacting with teammates and clients;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in valuations, corporate finance, fixed income or accounting;
- Have a 2.1 degree from a leading university or international equivalent;
- Active AAT/ACCA and/or minimum CFA Level I is preferred, but not required
Competitive salary package
Lincoln International is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
About Lincoln International
About Us Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity. Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.