HR Business Partner, Valuations & Opinions Group
Lincoln International, Chicago
A Global Investment Bank with a Passion for the Mid-Market
We are trusted investment banking advisors to business owners and senior executives of leading private equity firms and public and privately held companies around the world. Our advisory services include mergers and acquisitions, debt advisory, growth equity and restructuring for the mid-market. We also provide valuations and fairness opinions and joint ventures advisory services. As one tightly integrated team of more than 700 professionals across 16 countries, we offer an unobstructed perspective, backed by superb execution and a deep commitment to client success. With extensive industry knowledge and relationships, timely market intelligence and strategic insights, we forge deep, productive client relationships that endure for decades. Learn more at www.lincolninternational.com.
At Lincoln International, we know that the success of our global organization is a direct outcome of the strength of our people. We encourage diversity of thought and create talent density by attracting, retaining and engaging high performers from all demographics, backgrounds and perspectives. We value diversity, equity and inclusion as a catalyst to foster innovation and creative problem solving, access the best candidates and adapt to a highly dynamic, competitive environment. We know that employing a diverse team and valuing the unique perspectives of our people allows us to better understand and serve the needs of our clients.
Lincoln International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Duties & Responsibilities
The HR Business Partner position at Lincoln International provides an excellent opportunity to work in a demanding, yet supportive, team-oriented environment. Lincoln is seeking an HR Business Partner to join the organization to serve as a liaison between the firm’s Talent team and the Valuations & Opinions Group (VOG).
Based in Chicago, Illinois, the HR Business Partner will be accountable for supporting talent-related needs within VOG, including staffing and staff planning; onboarding and training; performance management; employee engagement and events; and other duties as assigned. More specifically, we envision the HR Business Partner will be initially tasked with the following:
- Drive the staffing and staff planning process, including structuring & assigning teams to client engagements, identifying hiring needs, supporting workforce planning and tracking promotion and succession planning
- Monitor and manage staffing ratios based on current and projected staff levels
- Track utilization, average projects per person and hours per project to flag inefficiencies or capacity constraints amongst staff
- Interface with Talent Acquisition team and VOG Leaders to make recommendations on hiring needs relative to staff levels and expected promotions / successions
- Serve as primary staffer by assigning professionals to various client engagements based on capacity, expertise, tenure, development goals and other relevant factors
- Assist in tracking and managing vacation times within VOG
- Ensure successful onboarding of new joiners within VOG
- Manage and lead group-specific sessions and content for new joiner onboarding
- Liaise with VOG Leaders to ensure onboarding training schedules reflect business unit-specific training needs
- Follow up with new joiners to evaluate and monitor training, and ensure training objectives are being met
- Support and inform the performance development and other needs of employees within VOG, including supporting formal and informal performance management
- Provide day-to-day performance guidance to junior bankers, including coaching, counseling, career advice and disciplinary actions as required
- Manage the execution of performance management processes within the group, including review meeting scheduling, review meeting participant assignments and preparation of review meeting materials
- Make recommendations to VOG Leaders and the Talent team regarding employee lifecycle changes (e.g., promotions, transfers, etc.) and maintain record of related documentation
- Support immigration needs of employees within the group
- Identify and recommend training needs for teams and individuals
- Lead efforts related to business unit improvement initiatives and events to drive employee engagement
- Assist in the interpretation and analysis of annual engagement survey data, and support the development of action plans and follow up initiatives
- Provide an outlet to employees to brainstorm issues and solutions
- Manage VOG internship experience (e.g., scheduling intern lunches and happy hours to get to know members of the team)
- Act as a sounding board and liaison between VOG Leaders and Talent to ensure coordination and consistency
- Conduct regular meetings with VOG Leaders to provide talent-related updates, and consult with VOG Leaders on HR guidance when appropriate
- Conduct regular meetings with Talent team counterparts to relay business unit updates and HR needs
- Other duties as assigned based on business need (e.g., participation in firm project, committees, etc.)
We anticipate this role will evolve as the HR Business Partner makes strategic recommendations on how the role can best serve VOG and the broader organization.
Interested candidates should meet the following requirements:
Professional and Cultural Characteristics:
- Authentic individual with high integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with Lincoln’s Culture Statement (Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Integration, Collaboration, Integrity)
- Assertive, articulate and self-motivated, can manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management, organization and prioritization skills, ability to adapt to business changes
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment with global constituents
- Driven and ambitious professional who gains satisfaction from achieving personal and team goals
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in HR, business or another relevant field with progressive responsibilities throughout tenure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, simple, situational, multi-level, multi-cultural)
- Comfort with data and Excel, and strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Analytically driven and fluent with data-driven analysis
- Experience within the financial or professional services industries (preferred, not required)
- Bachelor’s degree
Lincoln International is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
About Lincoln International
About Us Lincoln International is all about providing outstanding service and outcomes for our clients and great careers for our staff. Key to our achieving these goals is outperforming our competitors. Key to outperforming is our culture of excellence, entrepreneurship, teamwork, integration and integrity. Excellence - we set high standards and pursue them intensely Entrepreneurial - we are innovative and creative Team-oriented - we work in teams and focus on success as a team Integrated – we share all our resources across all our geographies Integrity – we run our business with openness, honesty, respect and fairness Our strategy for outperforming even our best competitors is to evaluate and engineer the right mix of entrepreneurism and team work in each and every situation. In summary, Lincoln International provides superior results for our clients and better careers for our staff because we constantly apply our culture of “Using Ingenuity to Outperform”.
Want to learn more about Lincoln International? Visit Lincoln International's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.