Fullstack Software Engineer II - Ruby on Rails
Lingo Live, Remote
Connecting people through learning.
We’re on a mission to take Lingo Live to the next level by expanding from one product offering to two. As an addition to our small, yet mighty Engineering team you’ll have hands-on experience bringing a new product line to life. Your main responsibility will be to contribute to our Ruby-on-Rails codebase to help deliver two reliable products: Lingo Language and Lingo Leaders.
You’re ready to make a significant impact, leveraging your experience to leave a mark on how we prepare Lingo Leaders for scale, while continuing to support and develop our flagship product, Lingo Language. You’re able to help evaluate and recommend technology and tools to build reliable systems. You’ll collaborate very closely with the Product team to drive projects forward while maintaining quality.
About the Job:
- You must be able to demonstrate strong working knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- You should be ready to roll up your sleeves with testing, debugging and refactoring legacy code towards specific goals.
- Added bonus: You have experience with SQL, design patterns and other programming practices.
- You care about sharing knowledge and educating others while working towards a common goal
- You have the ability to work independently and manage your time well given you’ll be working in a remote setting
- You have a drive to continuously learn and better yourself and your abilities
- You have experience delivering maintainable, robust, and well-tested code
- You have experience and comfort pair programming with other engineers
Traits We Value Most:
You’re a thoughtful communicator and express yourself clearly.
You’re self-reflective and continuously learn and better yourself and those around you.
You’re a team player who “rises by lifting others.”
You’re passionate about our mission and the opportunity to be a critical thought leader as our company continues to grow.
You’re a strong advocate for diversity, inclusion, and belonging and see these as non-negotiable pillars of building a better world.
- You believe in cultivating a calm environment where everybody can focus on doing great work in a 40-hour workweek.
Founded in 2014, Lingo Live is the foremost skill-based communication and leadership coaching company that supports global talent in contributing their unique potential and gaining the confidence they need to share their opinions openly, build trust, and communicate across teams.
These employees meet with a live coach online and can customize the curriculum to fit their needs such as having difficult conversations, developing active listening skills, delivering an engaging and compelling presentation, constructing emails to sell ideas and influence outcomes, and making real-time contributions.
Our Remote-First Team:
We’re globally distributed as a remote-first organization and currently partner with hundreds of coaches teaching thousands of professionals across 27 countries. We’re trusted by global organizations such as Slack, Zillow Group, Eventbrite and Stripe.
Our core values guide how we show up for each other and our customers every day:
- Lead with what you know is right (Integrity)
- Encourage meaningful human connections (Curiosity & Vulnerability)
- Rise by lifting others (Kindness & Care)
- Grit matters more than talent (Work Ethic & Perseverance)
- Underpromise, overdeliver (Reliability & Trust)
- No one is going to die (Authentic Self)
Come help us build a collaborative, inclusive, and growth-oriented culture, as evidenced by our 4.7 Glassdoor rating, with 94% of Glassdoor reviewers recommending us to a friend.
Competitive Salary & Equity Stock Options.
Health Benefits: 85% coverage on medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family. If you’re based in the United States, we’ll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you’re based outside the United States, we'll support you with local options.
Unlimited Paid Time Off: You’ll be encouraged to take time off, including “recharge” days to prevent burnout, promote wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance.
Unlimited Coaching On Our Platform: You’ll have full access to live sessions with some of the top communication and leadership coaches around the world. You can choose a language track and learn or improve your proficiency. Or you can choose a leadership track to hone your skills.
Professional Development Stipend: We’ll invest in learning and development opportunities that make a difference to your career.
Home Office Stipend: As a new hire, we’ll invest in setting up your home office.
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks of paid leave for primary and 2 weeks for secondary caregivers.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.
About Lingo Live
Expert coaches place learning in a real-world context, empowering foreign-born learners who struggle with language and communication issues at multinational companies such as Eventbrite, Google and Outbrain to achieve career milestones – from running an agile stand-up meeting to nailing a performance review.
Want to learn more about Lingo Live? Visit Lingo Live's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid