The Linux Foundation, Remote
Non-profit technology trade association promoting and protecting collaborative development
- Enterprise application configuration and administration for numerous SaaS, off-the-shelf, and in-house-developed platforms used to provide IT and collaboration services for our staff and open source projects.
- Assist staff, client, and open source community members who report service issues or change orders, providing the first line of troubleshooting and resolution or escalation to system engineers, software developers, or other departments.
- Provide Enterprise IT services such as staff onboarding, technology orientation, and offboarding, as well as some workstation and home networking troubleshooting in a BYOD environment.
- Work within the constraints of client service level agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Fit in with the culture: helpful, humble, hopeful
- Degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent combination of formal training and professional experience.
- Knowledge of management and best practices for Mac OS X desktop; wired and wireless consumer networking; email and office suites.
- Aptitude for remote, phone and email-based troubleshooting
- A desire to use your knowledge and expertise to help others use technology!
The Ideal Candidate
- Can use git (branches; merge conflict resolution)
- Has JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence configuration experience
- Has G Suite (Google Apps) administration experience
- Understands networking and DNS fundamentals
- Demonstrable CLI scripting, regex skills for automating repeat tasks
- Is familiar with open source communities and culture
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company.
Want to learn more about The Linux Foundation? Visit The Linux Foundation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Live Oak Bank, Wilmington Headquarters
Senior Backend Developer
Kamet, Berlin - Mitte
Full Stack Engineer Graduate Program
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Senior Backend Engineer, DSP
VideoAmp, Santa Monica, CA
Staff Full Stack Engineer
Visa, Austin, US
Data Analyst, Product
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles