Agile Project Manager
littleBits, San Francisco
An award-winning platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks for creating inventions large and small.
You know that organization is the real art and science of making great things. You are skilled at getting the best out of people and you’re happiest when you see how your efforts have coaxed a vision into existence by setting priorities and combining the talents of many different teams into a harmony.
What is the heart of the job?
Contribute leadership to our product team
- Maintain roadmap and sprint plans.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the product team and stakeholders to establish backlog priorities and gather requirements.
- Act as scrum master in our scrum meetings, and follow up on action items from our retrospectives.
Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Serve as the definitive source of truth for the state of each team’s projects
- Strictly enforce project scopes and alignment to objectives
- Clearly communicate to all stakeholders necessary changes in the scope, schedule, and costs.
Communicate effectively with both executives and peers
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Develop and socialize status updates that make it easy for everyone in our two offices in SF and NY to consistently know what stage projects are in and whether or not they are blocked, on track, or done.
- Report and escalate blockers as needed to the executive team.
What are the necessary traits to succeed in the role?
- Familiarity with agile, sprint-based software development
- Hands-on experience in consumer app project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience leading teams to deliver results.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience getting alignment from people with a broad range of personalities, ranging from super strong to super quiet.
- Expert at knowing when a meeting is necessary, and when needed, running it or moderating for efficiency.
- You’re an excellent timekeeper and value efficiency.
- You love team building and facilitation, including leading meetings and resolving conflicts.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT http://jobs.jam.com/
littleBits makes technology kits that are fun, easy-to-use, and infinitely creative. The kits are composed of electronic building blocks that are color-coded, magnetic, and make complex technology simple and fun. Together they’re interchangeable in millions of different ways to empower kids to invent anything - from a sibling alarm, to a wireless robot, to a digital instrument.
Want to learn more about littleBits? Visit littleBits's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one