Senior Software Engineer (Scala)
Connecting Brands to People, at Every Stage of the Customer Journey.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and iterate on products that satisfy customer needs and drive company growth. Our tech stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes Scala, Akka, Node.js, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL. As a senior engineer you will help promulgate good design and coding practices, leading by example while at the same time gaining valuable experience. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of products that fuel every part of the business.
Some of the projects you will lead may include: Building a dynamic retargeting system for catalog browsers, developing a real-time web page flattener to deliver contextual ad units, designing and building a recommendations system based on big data algorithms, and expanding our behavior analysis pipeline to handle a wide array of events at massive scale.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about solving complex problems in running scalable, high volume real-time systems
- Has a strong computer science foundation with a deep understanding of modern programming languages such as Scala, Java and Python.
- Has at least four years experience designing, building and deploying production software.
- Is curious about technology and builds projects on the side just to try new stuff out.
- Developed with web frameworks such as Play, Node.js, Rails or similar
- Has experience designing, building, and maintaining elegant, scalable software solutions.
- Is dedicated to driving results while maintaining high software quality.
- Has experience working with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Enjoys collaborating with different teams around the globe
- Worked with AWS services like Kinesis, Lambda and Beanstalk.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary + equity
- An incredibly welcoming, inclusive environment
- The opportunity to work on a diverse, multi-cultural team
- A place to have your voice heard and your opinions valued, regardless of your background
- A family-friendly mindset with great work/life balance
- Annual company retreat to New York City
- Playstation for after work fun
- Subsidized gym membership
- Free beer tap
- Private office in a shared working environment at WeWork
LiveIntent is a people-based marketing technology platform changing the way +2000 of the world’s largest Brands and Publishers think about email.
The LiveIntent platform transforms email from something you send and receive into the simplest, most powerful way to resolve identity and market to people in a mobile-first world. It becomes your superpower, generating a private customer graph that can augment everything from acquisition to attribution while driving incremental product sales and revenue.
With the anonymized email address at the center of its platform, LiveIntent and its Identity Graph of over a Petabyte of data provides incremental reach to brands, in mobile inventory where brands are struggling to reach their customers beyond the Walled Gardens.
LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Austin, Berlin, Copenhagen, and the UK. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.
About us LiveIntent delivers people-based marketing solutions that connect brands to people at every point in the customer journey. We help brands play at the intersection of advertising and marketing, using email as the catalyst to reach 170 million people on a one-to-one basis across 4.3 billion connections through the LiveIntent Identity Graph. Our technology and solutions bring massive reach for brands who are struggling to reach their customers beyond walled gardens, irrespective of channel, device or platform. The company was recognized for the past three years as one of NYC’s fastest growing companies (by Crain’s) and as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015). LiveIntent is headquartered in New York City, with offices across the United States and Europe. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.
Want to learn more about LiveIntent? Visit LiveIntent's website.
Jobs You May Like
Collaboration Engineering Team Lead
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Software Engineer in Test
Justworks, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Lead Business Analyst (f/m/d)
Full Stack Engineer
Workfront, Yerevan, Armenia
Director, Technical Program Management
Instacart, San Francisco, CA