Software Engineering Manager in Test
LiveIntent, New York City
Connecting Brands to People, at Every Stage of the Customer Journey.
About the Job:
As a Software Engineering Manager in Test, you’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and iterate on automated test scenarios. You help to ensure the quality of our software and services that satisfy our customers and drive company growth. Our technology stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes Java, Scala, Play, Node, MySQL, and Cassandra.
As an Engineering Manager in Test you will manage a team of engineering professionals committed to delivering high-quality software to our users. You will help define test practices and ensure that these are maintained throughout the organization. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the Test organization and training personnel and coding and test practices. You will be responsible for certifying new code prior to release and working closely with devops for delivery.
- Define resources and their allocation to projects.
- Provide support and train the Test Team.
- Monitor Test activities to ensure successful testing of all projects on time.
- Review and oversee testing teams (on-shore/off-shore) work for quality.
- Provide input on performance assessment to the team members.
- Provide analysis of system effectiveness based on test results, measure and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure processes are being followed by the team members.
- Validate traceability of system requirements to test scripts and make sure everything that needs testing is being covered.
- Design and build end to end, integration, regression and automation tests based on task assignments.
- Make recommendations to enhance existing test suites and test cases.
- Identify quality related product risks, and prepare recommendations to resolve issues.
- Provide metrics to improve overall software quality.
- Provide status reports of the testing progress and sign-off upon release.
- Actively participate in the Team Lead discussions.
- Lead quality-related initiatives taken by the Software team (e.g., continuous integration).
- Escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Exploratory and end-to-end testing of all functionalities being delivered.
- Assume responsibility for release sign-off for any product deployed to a production system.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about solving complex problems in real-time marketing.
- Has a strong computer science foundation with decent understanding of modern test methodologies and frameworks.
- Is curious about technology and builds projects on the side just to try new stuff out.
- Possesses knowledge and hands on experience with structured blackbox/whitebox testing
- Has experience designing and setting up automated tests for production applications.
- Is experienced with performance tests.
- Has a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field.
We support employee health and wellness by providing:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Healthy daily snacks and beverages on tap
- Family-friendly environment with work/life balance
- Summer Fridays (head out early to enjoy the great weather!)
- Weekly in-office Yoga and Pilates classes
- Subsidized gym membership
- LiveIntent sports teams (softball, flag football, soccer etc)
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
We support diversity and growth within the company with programs and initiatives such as:
- Bi-annual performance and compensation review process
- Monthly “Women with Intent” meetings
- Book Club focused on reading and discussing career development-focused content
- Lunch and Learns with diverse speakers
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Access to professional development courses through LinkedIn Learning and Coursera
- Annual global offsite week focused on team-building, training and employee recognition
- Board games and Play Station for after-hours fun
LiveIntent is a people-based marketing technology platform changing the way +2000 of the world’s largest Brands and Publishers think about email.
The LiveIntent platform transforms email from something you send and receive into the simplest, most powerful way to resolve identity and market to people in a mobile-first world. It becomes your superpower, generating a private customer graph that can augment everything from acquisition to attribution while driving incremental product sales and revenue.
About us LiveIntent delivers people-based marketing solutions that connect brands to people at every point in the customer journey. We help brands play at the intersection of advertising and marketing, using email as the catalyst to reach 170 million people on a one-to-one basis across 4.3 billion connections through the LiveIntent Identity Graph. Our technology and solutions bring massive reach for brands who are struggling to reach their customers beyond walled gardens, irrespective of channel, device or platform. The company was recognized for the past three years as one of NYC’s fastest growing companies (by Crain’s) and as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015). LiveIntent is headquartered in New York City, with offices across the United States and Europe. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.
Want to learn more about LiveIntent? Visit LiveIntent's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer - Product/Full Stack
Iterable, San Francisco, CA
Cloud- Cloud Engineer- Test Automation
Front End Software Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto
Technical Program Manager, Metrics Quality
Pinterest, San Francisco
SQA Engineer 軟體測試工程師 (3-6 months contractor)