Software Engineering Manager in Test
LiveIntent, New York City
Connecting Brands to People, at Every Stage of the Customer Journey.
About the Job:
As a Software Engineering Manager in Test, you’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and iterate on automated test scenarios. You help to ensure the quality of our software and services that satisfy our customers and drive company growth. Our technology stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes Java, Scala, Play, Node, MySQL, and Cassandra.
As an Engineering Manager in Test you will manage a team of engineering professionals committed to delivering high-quality software to our users. You will help define test practices and ensure that these are maintained throughout the organization. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the Test organization and training personnel and coding and test practices. You will be responsible for certifying new code prior to release and working closely with devops for delivery.
- Define resources and their allocation to projects.
- Provide support and train the Test Team.
- Monitor Test activities to ensure successful testing of all projects on time.
- Review and oversee testing teams (on-shore/off-shore) work for quality.
- Provide input on performance assessment to the team members.
- Provide analysis of system effectiveness based on test results, measure and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure processes are being followed by the team members.
- Validate traceability of system requirements to test scripts and make sure everything that needs testing is being covered.
- Design and build end to end, integration, regression and automation tests based on task assignments.
- Make recommendations to enhance existing test suites and test cases.
- Identify quality related product risks, and prepare recommendations to resolve issues.
- Provide metrics to improve overall software quality.
- Provide status reports of the testing progress and sign-off upon release.
- Actively participate in the Team Lead discussions.
- Lead quality-related initiatives taken by the Software team (e.g., continuous integration).
- Escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Exploratory and end-to-end testing of all functionalities being delivered.
- Assume responsibility for release sign-off for any product deployed to a production system.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about solving complex problems in real-time marketing.
- Has a strong computer science foundation with decent understanding of modern test methodologies and frameworks.
- Is curious about technology and builds projects on the side just to try new stuff out.
- Possesses knowledge and hands on experience with structured blackbox/whitebox testing
- Has experience designing and setting up automated tests for production applications.
- Is experienced with performance tests.
- Has a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field.
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive salary
- Equity stake
- Subsidized gym membership
- 401k match
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Yoga and Pilates classes
- Maternity/Paternity leave
LiveIntent delivers people-based marketing programs that empower brands to be present wherever their most essential customers are paying attention, at every point in the customer journey, irrespective of channel, device, or platform. With the anonymized email address at the center of its platform, LiveIntent and its Identity Graph provides incremental reach to brands, in mobile inventory where brands are struggling to reach their customers beyond the Walled Gardens. LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world: reaching over 160MM logged-in people across the LiveIntent platform, 170mm across the web, and 100mm in app. LiveIntent was recognized for the past three years as one of NYC's fastest growing companies (by Crain's) and as one of America's Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015.) LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in London, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dallas, Austin and Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.
About us LiveIntent delivers people-based marketing solutions that connect brands to people at every point in the customer journey. We help brands play at the intersection of advertising and marketing, using email as the catalyst to reach 170 million people on a one-to-one basis across 4.3 billion connections through the LiveIntent Identity Graph. Our technology and solutions bring massive reach for brands who are struggling to reach their customers beyond walled gardens, irrespective of channel, device or platform. The company was recognized for the past three years as one of NYC’s fastest growing companies (by Crain’s) and as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015). LiveIntent is headquartered in New York City, with offices across the United States and Europe. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.