LiveRamp is looking for an Engineering Manager to help support and grow developers in our Big Data Infrastructure organization. As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for helping your developers be successful by setting context, resolving blockers, removing distractions, instituting smart processes, and recruiting new members for the team, all while remaining hands on and writing code daily. This role is the perfect fit for those who wish to hone their management skils without having to give up the ability to write code.
The LiveRamp engineering team has spent the last year planning and executing the massive migration of our entire environment to GCP which has been outlined in this blog post. We also had the opportunity to share our experience in more detail at Google Cloud NEXT which can be viewed here. We're a few months away from the finish line, and we're ecstatic to have the opportunity to rethink how our applications work using the wide array of new tools available to us.
You have the ability to guide engineers in their development and create a fun and productive workplace environment. You also have the technical background to serve as a sounding board to the engineers on your team on major projects and still desire to be ‘hands-on’. We value integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork, and our leaders cultivate these behaviors in the organization.
- Build tooling to assist 60+ fellow developers writing hundreds of big data applications on our infrastructure.
- Help recruit and act as a leader within a growing team of engineers.
- Ensure operational excellence and empower the organization to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative and teamwork.
- Be a coach to the engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team.
Your team will:
- Maintain and scale our Big Data Infrastructure.
- Engineer scalable data processing engines.
- Build tools to empower LiveRamp’s developers to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver on the technical roadmap for LiveRamp’s core product offerings.
- Have 6+ years developing big-data applications.
- You love coaching people and developing an effective organization even more than you love mind-bending technical challenges.
- You have experience mentoring and leading teams, or you are looking to move from a senior engineer position into a role focused on coaching and development.
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams or have participated as a leader in the interview process.
- You have an ideology around management and all its attendant responsibilities that is backed by experience and thought.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and you see challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, ...).
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying best practices.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About LiveRamp LiveRamp offers brands and the companies they work with identity resolution that is integrated throughout the digital ecosystem, providing the foundation for true omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our clients into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical challenges, and we’re always looking for smart and compassionate people to help us blaze a trail. Learn more about working here. LiveRamp is an Acxiom company located in the technology hub of San Francisco, delivering privacy-safe solutions to market and honoring the best practices of leading associations, including the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) ICON and App Choices programs, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, the Data & Marketing Association, and the Advertising Research Foundation.. If you’re interested in connecting your data or becoming a partner, drop us a line. We’d love to tell you our story and hear yours.