LiveRamp is looking for a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for Acxiom’s customer facing services and internal network. Sitting within the LiveRamp organization, this role will be the key point of contact, and liaison between Acxiom and Liveramp.
You will frequently interact with LiveRamps Development teams, Technical Support, Project Management, Service Provisioning and Sales teams. You will also work very closely with the Network Design and Engineering teams, and as such need to have a good all-round understanding of networks and systems.
Importantly, Network Engineers must develop a solid understanding of Acxiom and LiveRamp’s products and processes, they must be keen to learn, able to use their experience and initiative to tackle a broad range of problems and contribute to the growing success of Acxiom and LiveRamp. Once the candidate settles into the role, they will be asked to join the off hours support for key LiveRamp network related issues as well as covering both planned and unplanned off hours work as required.
On the engineering team at LiveRamp, we value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges as soon as you begin.
Day in the Life of a LiveRamp Network Engineer:
- Ensure stable and reliable network services (e.g. access products, service networks and core network).
- Management as well as maintenance of the network systems and executing proper control over their operations.
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Practical application abilities; analytical as well as logical reasoning skills
- Identification of errors and faults in the network and devising methods to overcome them and solve all network related problems.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware/software troubleshooting and repair.
- Network related issues and aspects – such as routing, switching, load balancing, kernel level management, and handling of network tools, etc. need to be understood clearly and completely.
- It is an important responsibility of a network operations engineer to properly execute installations and upgradation of the network, as and when required.
- Implementation of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve network priority 1 – 4 incidents.
- Take ownership of network tickets until resolution or escalation.
- Ensure all tickets are updated with accurate information and closed in a timely fashion.
- Follow documented procedures to record issue resolution to insure client satisfaction.
- Provide incident resolution via phone calls, incident managment tool, and/or email.
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response to inbound issues.
- Provide high quality customer service and network related technical support with an emphasis on issue resolution and quality.
- The network operations engineer must communicate with clients, whenever required, to explain them the technicalities related to network and their efficient operation.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
- Work with other teams to identify the source of issues.
- Provide technical escalation support and assistance to Level 3 staff with problem research and documentation.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Manage and maintain the Acxiom Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of Acxiom's network, services and facilities).
- Installation of network hardware and software.
- Alert handling and escalation (identifying and responding to alerts on Acxiom's systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, monitoring and graphing, leased lines).
- Support with network equipment build and installation.
- Support Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing ethernet, fibre and console cabling, remote power and KVM).
- Maintenance of technical documentation of processes and procedures used
- throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Acxiom's own architecture and platforms.
- Train and mentor new employees as needed to ensure their success in the team.
- Participate in off hours support if required.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A Bachelors’ Degree or 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts of network operations and management
- An immense dedication towards achieving error-free network systems and providing effective network services to clients.
- Able to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills specific to critical Acxiom network platforms (Cisco, Palo Alto, A10) and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting Cisco networking operating systems including IOS, ASA, and Wireless.
- Working knowledge of network environments including:
- LAN\WAN routing
- Firewall administration including VPN administration
- Wireless administration
- Experience and working knowledge with configuring/administrating/maintaining technologies with emphasis on Cisco, Palo Alto and A10:
Routers : (1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3750, 3800, 7200 and 7600), ASR 1K and 9K.
Cisco Switches : (2900, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5800, 6500, Nexus 2k, 3k, 5k, 7k. 9k),
Routing Protocol : (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, LDAP, IGMP, RIP), TCP/IP, SIP, IS-IS, Multicasting (PIM),
LAN Protocol : VLAN, PVLAN, VTP, Inter-VLAN routing, ISL, dot1q, , RSTP, MSTP, IPVST, LACP, HSRP, GLBP, VPC, VDC, Ethernet, Port security.
Load Balancer Technology : A10 ( AX3000, 3030s, 3530 HVA, TH-vThunder), Layer 7 & 3 header manipulation, content switching
WAN Technology : Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, WAAS, PPP, ICMP, L2VPN, L3VPN, E1/T1/DS1/DS3
Network Mgmt. : SNMP v2, v3, Syslog, Wireshark, Zenoss, ELK
AAA Architecture : TACACS+, Cisco ACS
Network Security : Palo Alto (4K, 5K, 7K), IPS/IDS, Threat, Stateful Inspection, Application Inspection, full OSI troubleshooting
Security Protocols: LDAPS, SSL, SSH, 802.1x, IPSEC, VPN
App Protocols : DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP
- EXCELLENT oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment and a STRONG desire to learn.
- Ability to work variable schedules to include weekends, nights, and day shifts as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, incident ownership, follow through, communication and documentation.
- Team player required: must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere in the workplace.
- Display Acxiom core values of PACT: Passion, Accountability, Creativity and Teamwork in all aspects of work
What will set you apart:
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
- Examples of successfully completed projects
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401K Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals & stocked kitchen
- Events including games nights, happy hours, camping trips and sporting leagues
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About LiveRamp LiveRamp offers brands and the companies they work with identity resolution that is integrated throughout the digital ecosystem, providing the foundation for true omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our clients into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical challenges, and we’re always looking for smart and compassionate people to help us blaze a trail. Learn more about working here. LiveRamp is an Acxiom company located in the technology hub of San Francisco, delivering privacy-safe solutions to market and honoring the best practices of leading associations, including the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) ICON and App Choices programs, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, the Data & Marketing Association, and the Advertising Research Foundation.. If you’re interested in connecting your data or becoming a partner, drop us a line. We’d love to tell you our story and hear yours.
Want to learn more about LiveRamp? Visit LiveRamp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Body Structure
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
Sr. Procurement Manager (Req # 17300)
SonicWall, Milpitas, California
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)
Senior Software Architect