Engineering Manager - API Tooling
LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere—the enabling product behind many of the world’s biggest brands and technology platforms.
LiveRamp is looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to help support and grow developers on our API Tooling team. As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for making your developers successful by setting context, resolving blockers, removing distractions, instituting smart processes, and recruiting new members for the team.
You have the ability to guide engineers in their development and create a fun and productive workplace environment. You also have the technical background to serve as a sounding board to the engineers on your team on major projects. We value integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork, and our leaders cultivate these behaviors in the organization.
- Help recruit and act as a leader within a growing team of software engineers.
- Drive consistency in communication and process for deployments, change requests, etc.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders across organizations to drive product impact via knowledge generation.
- Lead a team solving complex scalable API and big data related problems utilizing cutting edge solutions.
- Ensure operational excellence and empower the organization to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity.
- Iterate on our high performance and scalable platform for massive data processing, real-time analytics and backend data services.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Be a coach to the engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team.
Your team will:
- Provide the whole engineering team with the tools they need to develop high performance APIs with a spec-based approach
- Help teams think about their API strategy and guide them on the tools, best practices and infrastructure related to API development
- Be responsible for enabling our Platformization strategy in the most efficient way possible
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience and 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams with a track record of consistent, on-time delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or another computer-based discipline.
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and RESTful APIs
- You have in-depth hands-on experience with Java or Scala or familiarity with the JVM ecosystem.
- You have experience driving design discussions, performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- You love coaching people and developing an effective organization even more than you love complex technical challenges.
- You're familiar with large distributed systems and performance optimization of complex enterprise systems.
- You have extremely strong written and spoken communication, with the ability to effectively change communication style based on the audience (executive leadership, marketing, management, product, engineering, data scientists). Ability to explain complex technical topics at appropriate levels of detail for each audience.
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams or have participated as a leader in the interview process.
- You have an ideology around management and all its attendant responsibilities that is backed by experience and thought.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and you see challenges as opportunities for growth.
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across LiveRamp.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 1000 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
LiveRamp provides the identity resolution services and integrations that are the foundation for omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our customers into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing, and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About LiveRamp LiveRamp offers brands and the companies they work with identity resolution that is integrated throughout the digital ecosystem, providing the foundation for true omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our clients into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical challenges, and we’re always looking for smart and compassionate people to help us blaze a trail. Learn more about working here. LiveRamp is an Acxiom company located in the technology hub of San Francisco, delivering privacy-safe solutions to market and honoring the best practices of leading associations, including the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) ICON and App Choices programs, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, the Data & Marketing Association, and the Advertising Research Foundation.. If you’re interested in connecting your data or becoming a partner, drop us a line. We’d love to tell you our story and hear yours.
Want to learn more about LiveRamp? Visit LiveRamp's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.