Engineering Lead-Backend, Identity Innovation
LiveRamp, Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
See jobs at LiveRamp
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is looking for a Technical Lead Manager of Engineering- Backend, to help build our LiveRamp First Party Graph product, one of the most in demand products within the company.
As the industry leader in Identity Resolution, we are well positioned to create new technologies to enable Identity Resolution under ever-increasing data regulations. Our Identity products help our clients to know their clients better, reach new, high-value customers, and drive down the cost of doing business.
The LiveRamp Identity engineering team is an experienced team with a wealth of knowledge in both the Identity space and the use of cutting edge technologies. The team owns the core component of the systems and solutions that drive the growth of all of LiveRamp’s products. This position is located on site at our Little Rock, Arkansas facility.
- Lead a small team of highly talented and collaborative engineers in a “start up” like environment- 50% of your time will be spent managing your team and the other 50% of your time will be spent doing hands on development.
- Work hands-on with your team to build innovative solutions to some of the most challenging Identity Resolution problems.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external partners to drive product delivery.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions for an emerging business.
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Develop new technologies that will forever change the Identity Resolution landscape.
- Help your fellow engineers design and implement a scalable SaaS platform that is cloud agnostic.
- Gain experience working in multiple cloud environments such as GCP, AWS, Snowflake, and Azure.
- Build customizable, high-performance matching engines that can be deployed in regions all over the world to solve localized and client hosted data challenges.
- Implement customizable frameworks for graph access.
- Treat infrastructure as code leveraging tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform.
- Design with privacy and security-first principles.
Your team will:
- Design and build a global identity resolution solution that delights our customers.
- Come up with creative and innovative solutions to some of the most challenging Identity Resolution problems.
- Work closely with various internal teams both locally and abroad (engineering, product, SRE, and data science) on product delivery.
- Build first of its kind Identity Resolution capabilities globally leveraging a variety of cloud technologies capable of meeting demanding high availability thresholds while serving a spectrum of low latency versus high throughput use cases.
- Enable configuration-driven workflows that automate batch and streaming-based processing on top of Identity Resolution services and assets.
- Provide an orchestration platform for complex graph builds using the latest open source and cloud native technologies.
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience and 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Have strong leadership skills, with a proven ability to deliver on projects as the lead.
- Have a passion and track record for leading teams to deliver scalable services, APIs, and infrastructures.
- Have a product mindset and enjoy solving complex business problems with technology.
- Have extremely strong written and spoken communication, with the ability to effectively change communication style based on the audience (executive leadership, marketing, management, product, engineering, data scientists). Ability to explain complex technical topics at appropriate levels of detail for each audience.
- Have prior hands-on experience with public cloud technology.
- Have a strong ability to break down complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them.
- Have experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs.
- Are comfortable evaluating and adapting to the latest tools and industry best practices.
- Are proficient in common programming languages such as Java, Python, Kotlin, or Go.
- Are proficient in cloud technologies
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive.
- Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto, Airflow, etc).
- Experience working with external partners to drive product delivery.
- Prior experience with Identity Resolution, Data Science, or Machine Learning.
- Familiarity working with cloud-based services and infrastructure.
- Experience with Data Analytics Platform technologies like CDAP.
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of Little Rock, AK
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About LiveRamp LiveRamp offers brands and the companies they work with identity resolution that is integrated throughout the digital ecosystem, providing the foundation for true omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our clients into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical challenges, and we’re always looking for smart and compassionate people to help us blaze a trail. Learn more about working here. LiveRamp is an Acxiom company located in the technology hub of San Francisco, delivering privacy-safe solutions to market and honoring the best practices of leading associations, including the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) ICON and App Choices programs, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, the Data & Marketing Association, and the Advertising Research Foundation.. If you’re interested in connecting your data or becoming a partner, drop us a line. We’d love to tell you our story and hear yours.
Want to learn more about LiveRamp? Visit LiveRamp's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.