Staff Software Engineer, Big Data Activation
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA, United States
See jobs at LiveRamp
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Big Data Activation team is responsible for the main data delivery pipeline of the LiveRamp platform. The team processes tens of thousands of batch requests per day, ranging in size from GBs to tens of TBs, and provides detailed monitoring, statistics, error recovery, and resiliency to power this core product!
The team is in the process of developing the next generation API for more generic and intuitive configurations for delivery, and re-architecting the interactions between sub-components to better modularize and generalize the core delivery system of the platform to power novel use cases and to scale more optimally.
The team codes in Java and utilizes Docker for containerization, Kubernetes for deployment, the Google Cloud Platform for infrastructure and led services (eg. Databases, Pub/Sub, Dataproc), and Cadence for workflow orchestration, among other open source technologies.
- Work collaboratively in a small team of engineers to scale a system processing PB of data every day.
- Help craft the future of our big data technology platform.
- Infuse industry best practices into our team processes and development practices.
- Assist in architectural design and implementation of our systems and interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Research and experiment strategies to optimize the performance and efficiency of PB of data processing.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our team’s production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Activations team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, and conference participation.
- Learn and grow in your role and career.
Your team will:
- Experiment with and demonstrate new technology to build highly scalable distributed workflow orchestration and data processing systems (check out https://cadenceworkflow.io/ for a recent example).
- Define and iterate on LiveRamp’s next generation of platform APIs to expose sophisticated data processing functionality in intuitive interfaces.
- Help define and drive forward the architectural vision of the LiveRamp platform.
- Design, optimize, improve, and maintain multiple different big data applications/products.
- Extract the highest value and most useful features from the Google Cloud Platform to ensure that our applications are scalable, efficient, and maintainable.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying high-quality production code.
- Proven Java and Scala programming skills.
- A track record of ownership building systems that process petabytes of data.
- Led big data projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Experience selecting and using industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries to solve specific problems.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build balanced technical solutions that verifiably meet specific, well-defined business requirements.
- Have made significant and meaningful development contributions to team projects involving distributed systems operating at scale.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About LiveRamp LiveRamp offers brands and the companies they work with identity resolution that is integrated throughout the digital ecosystem, providing the foundation for true omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our clients into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical challenges, and we’re always looking for smart and compassionate people to help us blaze a trail. Learn more about working here. LiveRamp is an Acxiom company located in the technology hub of San Francisco, delivering privacy-safe solutions to market and honoring the best practices of leading associations, including the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) ICON and App Choices programs, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, the Data & Marketing Association, and the Advertising Research Foundation.. If you’re interested in connecting your data or becoming a partner, drop us a line. We’d love to tell you our story and hear yours.
Want to learn more about LiveRamp? Visit LiveRamp's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.