Staff Software Engineer - Stats Forecasting
LiveRamp, New York City, NY, United States
See jobs at LiveRamp
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
This team will define the future of Stats and Forecasting at LiveRamp. We calculate statistics about hundreds of millions of data sets that each have hundreds of millions of data points! We process petabytes of data every day. With 3rd party cookies going away, the problem is becoming more complex and more exciting. This team has the opportunity to influence the future of the whole company’s (and the whole ecosystem’s) architecture, technology, and product. Come solve this problem with us!
- Develop the long term vision and architecture for Stats across the LiveRamp Data Platform.
- Work collaboratively in a small team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Drive a mix of greenfield development and major re-architecture of our high performance and scalable platform for massive data processing.
- Infuse industry best practices into our team processes and development practices.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Share the remarkable work of our Stats Forecasting team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, and conference participation.
- Learn and grow in your role and career.
Your team will:
- Become thought leaders for the company and ecosystem on reach statistics without cookies.
- Build greenfield projects to calculate new and innovative statistics for a cookieless world.
- Re-architect existing statistics systems currently calculating statistics for petabytes of data every day.
- Work with our Identity and Data Science teams to develop new predictive models.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying high-quality production code.
- A track record of ownership building distributed systems that process petabytes of data.
- Driven cross team, big data projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Experience selecting and using industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries to solve specific problems.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located.
- Location: work in the heart of *San Francisco* and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About LiveRamp LiveRamp offers brands and the companies they work with identity resolution that is integrated throughout the digital ecosystem, providing the foundation for true omnichannel marketing. Our services transform the technology platforms used by our clients into people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of marketing and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical challenges, and we’re always looking for smart and compassionate people to help us blaze a trail. Learn more about working here. LiveRamp is an Acxiom company located in the technology hub of San Francisco, delivering privacy-safe solutions to market and honoring the best practices of leading associations, including the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) ICON and App Choices programs, the Interactive Advertising Bureau, the Data & Marketing Association, and the Advertising Research Foundation.. If you’re interested in connecting your data or becoming a partner, drop us a line. We’d love to tell you our story and hear yours.
Want to learn more about LiveRamp? Visit LiveRamp's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.