Site Reliability Engineer
Livestream, Brooklyn, New York
The world's #1 live video platform, powering 6,000,000 events each year.
Because we’re all about live, our service experiences demand spikes of several orders of magnitude, requires managing petabytes of storage and gigabits/s of transit. You will be in the thick of solving the challenges of systems at scale in a way most engineers never experience.
In a nutshell, you will deliver a world class platform for Livestream. As a site reliability engineer you are a developer, who loves systems, infrastructure, and understanding how things work. You have a drive to improve everything, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty.
What you'll do
- Manage both physical and cloud infrastructure for the largest live event streaming platform on earth
- Build tools, interfaces, scripts, configurations, to improve the daily lives of our engineering and business teams
- Be an amazing part of a world class team, growing together
What we're looking for
- Experience scaling high-traffic infrastructure
- Experience with Unix systems administration including experience in any of the following: Go, Python, Ruby
- Experience troubleshooting distributed multi-provider infrastructure
- A solid understanding of more recent networking, and storage technologies
- A great team player, who likes to laugh, and wants to continue to grow every day
Tools we like
- Nginx, Varnish and HAProxy
- Memcached Redis, and MySQL
- Vault, Ansible, Consul, Packer, Terreform
- Kubernetes, GCP, AWS
- Datadog, NewRelic, PagerDuty
Livestream is the leading global provider of live video solutions. We help organizations big and small unlock the power of their live events. With simple technology our service allows anyone to broadcast live on the web - reaching their customers, teammates, employees, and fans wherever they are. We are trusted by 10,000+ customers streaming millions of events around the world, including Tesla, Spotify, New York Stock Exchange, Salesforce, Associated Press, HBO, AT&T, and PepsiCo.
Companies from Tesla to NASDAQ trust Livestream to broadcast their live events. Founded in 2007, Livestream has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Zaporizhia, and Bangalore.
More than just a video platform, Livestream also offers products like the Broadcaster mini, a live streaming encoder that streams 1080p video and could fit in your pocket.
Want to learn more about Livestream? Visit Livestream's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer, Data
Enigma, New York, NY
Senior Product Engineer - Core Experience
Segment, San Francisco
UI/UX Designer (Contract)
Snap Inc., Odessa, Ukraine
Business Value Manager
Okta, Washington DC
Vistar Media, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Software Engineer, Credit Services
OnDeck, New York, Arlington VA