RF Design Engineer
Livestream, Brooklyn, New York
The world's #1 live video platform, powering 6,000,000 events each year.
Livestream is looking to hire a highly motivated, hands-on, resourceful, and talented RF design engineer to join the Video Products Group. You will work on our recently launched ‘Mevo’ live streaming / live editing camera (getmevo.com), with a focus on improving and optimizing wireless performance, as well as architecting and designing future products in the suite. You will be joining a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering team with offices in New York (electrical and mechanical) and Ukraine (software and firmware).
You should have experience designing RF sub-system from concept to mass production. You’ll be actively contributing to the design and work with electrical, mechanical, and industry design teams to optimize product performance and customer experience. You should be self-motivated, highly organized, and passionate about RF and the underlying technologies.
- Architect and design multi-radio/multi-antenna radio communication systems
- Wireless chipset and module evaluation and/or design
- Antenna specification, evaluation, and/or design
- Schematic/board level RF design, bring up, and troubleshoot
- Identify RF system issues and provide expertise to a multi-disciplinary team
- Develop test plan and oversee compliance verification with external certification labs
- Generate and maintain documentation of designs
- Overseas travel to manufacturing partner sites during board bring up and pilot runs
- BS in electrical engineering with focus in RF/wireless systems
- 5 to 10 years of industry experience
- Track record of shipping successful consumer electronic products with WiFi connectivity
- In-depth knowledge of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, BT/BLE, cellular, and other wireless technologies
- Hands-on experience with wifi, BT, and/or cellular module development and deployment
- Familiar with digital and analog modulation schemes and their trade-offs
- Experience with RF system design for high bitrate in dense and highly congested RF environment
- Expert in passive and active RF circuit design
- Transmission line design, RF board layout, antenna theory, filter design, S parameters
- PA/LNA/transceiver design and evaluation
- Familiar with RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, VNA, VSA, etc.)
- Familiar with EE CAD such as Altium and OrCAD, and RF simulation CAD tools
- Design for manufacturability
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering with focus in RF/wireless systems
- Experienced in MIMO and MU-MIMO designs and technologies
- Experienced in antenna design/simulation
- Familiar with 802.11ad/ax, BT5.0, and cellular 5G roadmaps
- Familiar with LTE, LTE-A, LTE-U technologies
- Knowledge of software/firmware/NVRAM tuning to optimize RF link performance
Livestream is the leading global provider of live video solutions. We help organizations big and small unlock the power of their live events. With simple technology our service allows anyone to broadcast live on the web - reaching their customers, teammates, employees, and fans wherever they are. We are trusted by 10,000+ customers streaming millions of events around the world, including Tesla, Spotify, New York Stock Exchange, Salesforce, Associated Press, HBO, AT&T, and PepsiCo.
Companies from Tesla to NASDAQ trust Livestream to broadcast their live events. Founded in 2007, Livestream has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Zaporizhia, and Bangalore.
More than just a video platform, Livestream also offers products like the Broadcaster mini, a live streaming encoder that streams 1080p video and could fit in your pocket.
Want to learn more about Livestream? Visit https://livestream.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Scientist - Assay Development
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Vehicle Weight Engineer
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Holidaycheck, Munich or Bottighofen (Switzerland)
Application Developer (Full-Stack)
Director of Engineering
Spring, Headquarters - NYC