Lead Engineer, Media Engineering
Livestream, Brooklyn, New York
The world's #1 live video platform, powering 6,000,000 events each year.
Livestream is searching for a Lead Engineer to helm our Media Engineering efforts. This is an opportunity to focus on the particular challenge of live video, and make a resounding impact on the core features of our business.
Our ideal candidate has copious, diverse video engineering experience -- they've handled ingest at scale, built configurable transcoding pipelines, debugged packaging problems, and more. They have the services background to design solid, scalable architecture, and the operational know-how to pull it off.
Prior management experience is also helpful, as the team lead is expected to manage and mentor their fellow developers. Strong candidates will have process chops, project management skills, and an understanding of what it takes to build high-functioning teams.
- Lead development efforts around our video processing pipelines, including ingest, transcoding, distribution, and more.
- Provide architecture and operational expertise for media engineering challenges.
- Manage a team of engineers, providing people support in addition to directing efforts.
- Define the roadmap, paving a way towards improved protocols, wider playback support, efficient processing, and more.
- Stay abreast of video technology, acting as a spokesperson for the team and a subject-matter expert for the company.
- Extensive media engineering and web services experience.
- Strong eye towards software quality and a proponent of testing.
- A devops mindset and a high level of comfort with infrastructure and operations.
- Practical experience with agile methodologies.
- Management experience is a big plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
Livestream is the leading global provider of live video solutions. We help organizations big and small unlock the power of their live events. With simple technology our service allows anyone to broadcast live on the web - reaching their customers, teammates, employees, and fans wherever they are. We are trusted by 10,000+ customers streaming millions of events around the world, including Tesla, Spotify, New York Stock Exchange, Salesforce, Associated Press, HBO, AT&T, and PepsiCo.
Companies from Tesla to NASDAQ trust Livestream to broadcast their live events. Founded in 2007, Livestream has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Zaporizhia, and Bangalore.
More than just a video platform, Livestream also offers products like the Broadcaster mini, a live streaming encoder that streams 1080p video and could fit in your pocket.
Want to learn more about Livestream? Visit Livestream's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Shopify, San Francisco
Sr. Front-End/Full-Stack Software Engineer
POPSUGAR, San Francisco
Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)
Grad to Gridder Bootcamp Associate - Business Operations
Software Development Engineer - iOS
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Engineering Manager, Pro Host Acquisition & Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, California