Enterprise Sales Engineer - UK
See jobs at Looker
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking technically savvy, experienced Enterprise Sales Engineers to demonstrate and articulate the value of our products to business and technical prospects, users and buyers. In this role, you will collaborate with the sales, marketing and services teams to deliver and continually improve our product demonstrations and trials. This includes sales scripts, customer needs discovery, implementing prototypes, developing and sharing expertise/training and guiding solution development/deployment. You will grow to possess breadth and depth of knowledge in data discovery and analysis, and will help shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the technologists.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes of our software to articulate use cases and value to the customer
- Participate in selling the value of Looker’s products using multiple channels, including phone, presentation, and live online and in-person product demonstrations
- Manage customer trials, ensuring that they are engaging with the product, the trial and the resulting solution
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, and IT professionals
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs as necessary, leverage and build upon existing knowledge base
- Stay up-to-date on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues in the field
- Document and communicate product feedback and new requirements from the field
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 4-5+ years of software pre-sales experience in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence or complex enterprise SaaS
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights
- Proven analysis and problem solving expertise
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos) a plus.
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior level business and technical audiences
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFPs
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Ability to travel up to 25%
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1300 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn
or visit looker.com
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.
Data is no longer just a place to find answers. It’s the place where ideas originate. And when everyone in your company is looking at the same numbers, sharing the same truth, they’ll be able to collectively make smarter, more informed decisions. This is the core of our mission at Looker: To inspire everyone to embrace their curiosity, dig deeper and keep asking questions.
Want to learn more about Looker? Visit