WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Assess use cases for various teams within the client company.
- Develop a data model around stated use cases to capture client’s KPIs and data transformations.
- Training audiences of 20 - 30 people.
- Take a consultative role and guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently with Looker. This may include advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs.
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience.
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 7+ years of software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space.
- 2 - 3 years customer-facing experience, strongly preferred.
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Public speaking experience.
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Preferred: Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH); Experience troubleshooting operations issues; Optimizing database/query performance; Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift); Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos); Experience with data warehousing; Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery); Experience teaching.
NICE TO HAVES
- Troubleshooting operations or quality issues
- Optimizing database/query performance
- Business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos)
- Developer tools/workflow (e.g. git/github, linux, SSH)
- AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Analytics requirements gathering
- Project management or Agile development
Inspiring curiosity Data is no longer just a place to find answers. It’s the place where ideas originate. And when everyone in your company is looking at the same numbers, sharing the same truth, they’ll be able to collectively make smarter, more informed decisions. This is the core of our mission at Looker: To inspire everyone to embrace their curiosity, dig deeper and keep asking questions.
Want to learn more about Looker? Visit Looker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Programmer Gameplay
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC