WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop, maintain, and execute a global compliance engagement strategy and process that balances the protection of Looker intellectual property, customer relationships, revenue recognition, and other cross functional needs.
- Review the effectiveness of compliance tools, and drive the development of new processes and/or methodologies as necessary in order to improve compliance coverage.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop custom reports and alerts to assess and maintain compliance.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess product, contract, and relationship specific risk factors for each customer engagement.
- Analyze contractual, financial, and other documentation to understand customer entitlements.
- Manage customer engagements with primary responsibility for all phases of assessment from initial interactions to close-out of each assessment.
- Negotiate appropriate resolution of non-compliance issues directly with customer and internal stakeholders.
- When needed, engage 3rd party audit resources to conduct onsite audits and maintain effective relationships with other compliance team and resources.
- Support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing of Looker software products.
- License hygiene and entitlement: you will drive monthly, quarterly, and annual license audits by conducting extensive account research working closely with the revenue team
- Maintain an appropriate communication plan with business management and key stakeholders to inform them with details of upcoming audits and assessment results and activity.
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- BA or BS in a business or software related field.
- 2+ years of experience managing license compliance at a global software company
- Experience defining compliance strategy preferred
- Excellent contract interpretation, negotiation skills, and direct customer facing experience are core to this role.
- Extremely strong organization and productivity skills to seamlessly manage multiple complex engagements simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, and controls with ability to understand and interpret nuances of software license agreements and contracts.
- Good understanding of business processes in large companies.
- Strong understanding of software license compliance issues in large companies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required; attentiveness to detail.
- Comfortable working across all business functions at every level from individual contributor to C-Level executives.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to lead, influence, and team with others.
Inspiring curiosity Data is no longer just a place to find answers. It’s the place where ideas originate. And when everyone in your company is looking at the same numbers, sharing the same truth, they’ll be able to collectively make smarter, more informed decisions. This is the core of our mission at Looker: To inspire everyone to embrace their curiosity, dig deeper and keep asking questions.
Want to learn more about Looker? Visit Looker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Freelance AVP/VP, Group Account Supervisor
BGB Group, New York, NY
Medallia, Remote, United States
Broker Development Senior Lead
WeWork, Ciudad de México Mexico
Sales Intern - Manila, Philippines
Digital Sales Representative
Workfront, Lehi, UT, US
Canopy, Lehi, UT