WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Assess use cases for various teams within the client company.
- Analyze the customer's data model to extract KPIs.
- Extend a data model around stated use cases to simplify data transformations.
- Take a consultative role and guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently with Looker. This may include advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs.
- Assist the customer in integrating Looker with other enterprise tools such as authentication and authorization management systems.
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience.
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 5+ years of software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space.
- Experience negotiating bureaucratic organizations while troubleshooting integration issues.
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Preferred: Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH); Experience troubleshooting operations issues; Optimizing database/query performance; Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift); Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos); Experience with data warehousing; Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery); Experience teaching.
Inspiring curiosity Data is no longer just a place to find answers. It’s the place where ideas originate. And when everyone in your company is looking at the same numbers, sharing the same truth, they’ll be able to collectively make smarter, more informed decisions. This is the core of our mission at Looker: To inspire everyone to embrace their curiosity, dig deeper and keep asking questions.
Want to learn more about Looker? Visit Looker's website.
Jobs You May Like
Operations Specialist (PlayStation Vue) (Contract)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Customer Operations Manager
Invoice2go, Redwood City
Operations Training Supervisor
thredUP, Phoenix, AZ
Residential Security Officer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, Chicago, IL
Getaround, San Francisco