Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout's engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms (iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
- Work closely with product management to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, & processes
- Build a crushingly good software engineering team comprised of highly motivated developers & engineering leads
- Create a culture of technical discussion and curiosity, crisp project estimation and be able to arbitrate choices amongst very strong opinions
- Build incredible product around the needs of the customer and solve thorny problems in simple ways
- Be accountable to the executive team for the success of team reporting to you
- Build a world-class team through hands-on recruiting of top-tier talent.
- Manage on-boarding, mentoring, and performance of your team
- Work closely with peers in other departments and fellow engineering leadership to scale & evolve the engineering department as Lookout rapidly grows.
- Experience leading teams in building enterprise SaaS products
- Ability to manage external, customer commitments whilst managing an internal, iterative development process
- Incredible leadership ability, demonstrated through previous experience developing, recruiting, and mentoring a top-notch technical engineering team
- Extensive experience building & shipping software on time and with quality
- Exceptional coding & design skills in one of the following: Java, Objective-C
- Knowledge of advanced software development principles and practices, software development lifecycle in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical ability
- Quick study; able to adapt quickly to new technologies in a challenging and high-growth environment
- Problem solver; able to make routine decisions as well as sound complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team
- Communication that breaks through barriers, engages people, and gets your ideas across quickly and efficiently
- Solid intellectual curiosity and desire for excellence around leading teams, building product, and growing cool companies.
Nice to Have:
- Ruby/Rails experience
- iOS/Android development experience
- DBA skills
- Security background and/or clearance
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Want to learn more about Lookout? Visit Lookout's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Operations Engineer
Domino Data Lab, San Francisco, New York
Senior Java Server Engineer
Smule, Sofia, Bulgaria
Anomali, Belfast, United Kingdom
Software Engineer: Backend (Customer Service Technology)
Postmates, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Platforms
Highfive, Redwood City
Peerspace, San Francisco