Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Requirements for this position:
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack.
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work.
- 6+ years of overall development experience in Java, Functional programming experience is nice to have.
- 2-3+ years of development experience in implementing large-scale, distributed production class ‘Saas’ software
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery.
- BS degree in Computer Science and Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- Experience with mobile platforms (e.g. iOS and Android) is a huge plus.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Java, with some Scala and occasionally Ruby (in JVM)
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies
- SWF, EMR, Kinesis, and a metric ton of EC2
- Kafka and Spark, DynamoDB, Redis
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Want to learn more about Lookout? Visit Lookout's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior QA Engineer
Clover Health, Hong Kong
Senior Project Manager
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
Machine Learning Engineer, Anti-Abuse
Pinterest, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Ads
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Technology Partner, Accounting and Finance
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (All Levels - Node.js and React)
Thrive Market, Los Angeles, CA