Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com. and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
We are looking for a researcher to join our Device Security Intelligence team, a group of world-class mobile researchers who work on device compromises and other mobile platform-based threats. As a member of this team you will hunt and neutralize threats to mobile devices, research system vulnerabilities, work with exploit code, and contribute to an extensive arsenal of detection tools and technologies
- Reverse engineer system code, exploits, and applications to determine how they work. Apply the results to improve the way Lookout detects threats and gathers telemetry.
- Hunt down and classify new threats and vulnerabilities before they affect our users.
- Identify current and future attacks on user privacy and device security, using telemetry data from our Mobile Threat Network.
- Contribute to the long-term design of our telemetry analysis, data stores, mobile client, and tooling.
Required qualifications & skills:
- Experience in reverse engineering of software.
- Able to read through the C Family of languages such as Java/C.
- Able to code in Python or Ruby or Java.
- Able to perform analysis on large data sets.
- Experience using some of the following tools: IDA Pro, JEB, Wireshark, SQL, ElasticSearch, Maltego.
- A desire to help build a diverse team of researchers with different backgrounds.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with security and developer communities.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Want to learn more about Lookout? Visit Lookout's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Test Automation Architect/Manager
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
QA Automation Engineer
OnDeck, New York, NY
Backend Engineer – Node.js
SteelHouse, Culver City
Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
Niantic inc., Seattle Area (Bellevue)
Senior Python Engineer
Yoyo Wallet, London