Staff Software Engineer, Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration
Lookout, Toronto, ON
Everything is OK
Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Lookout’s Continuous Delivery team is transforming how Lookout Engineering teams build and deliver products. The team's vision is to enable innovation and delight our fellow Engineers and customers by providing a low friction, high quality continuous delivery platform. As an Engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role enabling Lookout Engineering teams to rapidly build, deliver and run global products and services at scale. You will work with a nimble team to build, deploy and document the components that comprise the continuous delivery (CD) pipeline in AWS. We strive to constantly expand our internal engineering teams’ ability to quickly release new services and features for our customers. Our core tool chain includes a variety of OSS projects (Spinnaker, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform) which broadens the languages we use (Python, Java, Ruby, Groovy, Go). As we continue to grow and scale, we need a rock solid Engineer who loves the challenge of helping fellow engineers deliver existing and new products to customers faster and with greater quality.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in cloud services, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and distributed systems. This person will be responsible for:
- Developing new services and features for CD platform
- Evaluating new technologies and methodologies for integration into CD platform
- Fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties
- Implement comprehensive functional and system test automation
- Create documentation to enable self service
- Internal customer outreach, advocacy, and support
- Strong Software Engineer with excellent object-oriented development skills
- Strong experience working in Devops or CloudOps team
- Experience designing, building and operating large-scale distributed systems in AWS
- Proficient in Python, Java, Ruby or Go
- Proficient in infrastructure configuration automation and orchestration
- Proficient in CI/CD tool chains and test driven development
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- AWS VPC networking experience
- Container orchestration
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.