Solution Architect - Consumer and Carrier Systems
Lookout, Remote - Vancouver, Canada
Everything is OK
As a Solution Architect in our Consumer and Carrier Systems Organization, you will define and shape strategy, while designing security services for the consumer and carrier markets. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the organization that delivers security services that are deployed worldwide and with our Tier 1 carrier partners.
We are looking for an innovative solution architect to design and implement systems that will meet business needs. The solution architect’s responsibilities include working with internal engineering teams, product specialists and with carriers and large enterprises. You will define requirements while assessing the current software systems in place in order to leverage existing designs and to identify areas in need of improvement. You should be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
To be successful as a solution architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into our systems architecture. An outstanding solution architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
Solution Architect Responsibilities:
- Architect, Design and Build distributed software systems that run in the public cloud and integrate with carrier systems.
- Assess the system architecture currently in place and work with technical staff to leverage existing software. When and where necessary, proactively make recommendations to improve it.
- Provide supervision and guidance of development teams.
- Resolve technical problems as they arise.
- Engage directly with partners to collaboratively define requirements and integrated solutions.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Inform various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
Solution Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Track record of working with large carrier systems and solutions
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- 10+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world’s leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Want to learn more about Lookout? Visit Lookout's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.