Senior Software Engineer
Lucid, New Orleans, New York, Dallas, Minneapolis
See jobs at Lucid
- Develop RESTful web services to support both internal and external clients
- Write reliable, maintainable, well-documented code that will scale to support millions of respondents
- Execute the full software development life cycle as part of an Agile team
- Collaborate with Product Managers to refine and modify requirements
- Following established design paradigms and design patterns
- Strong unit testing and integration testing practices
- Participate in the on-call rotation to monitor shipped features for success and issues
- Support the business teams and product managers in data extracts and data analysis
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing software for the user interface, business logic, data modeling and systems, and component integration
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with high volume and high-performance web applications
- Highly proficient SQL and Database skills
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems in unfamiliar areas
- Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in Python, Go/Golang, Node.js, or other modern web technologies
- Working knowledge of Git, GitHub, and version control best practices
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services specifically, or any cloud host
- Experience with microservice architecture and platforms and building RESTful APIs
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases and CDC processes
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with data tools: Spark, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MSSQL, Redis,
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, AWS Glue, Step functions, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Lucid is a data technology company focused on the power of human answers. We were founded and are based in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in London and Gurgaon. We’re moving fast, and growing fast – Lucid has doubled in size and revenue two years running. Let us tell you a little about our businesses and our team of over 225 people worldwide.
Want to learn more about Lucid? Visit Lucid's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one