Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
How we work
Our engineering team (currently 80 engineers) is split into organisations which we call Fleets. Each Fleet focuses on a core area of our product (consumer applications, business operations, new business, growth and marketing etc.). Each Fleet contains multiple smaller teams called Pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of that product.
A pod will include a product owner, back-end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards.
The Production Support team is involved in and among these fleets, ensuring that incidents or any issues pertaining to software support are being triaged and handled according to our SLA.
We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
What you'll do
- Lead a team that looks after our public facing infrastructure that makes the Mobile and Web app work. through pro-active measures, and sometimes reacting to alerts.
- Ensure key stakeholders are provided detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning.
- Champion and advocate for system / software improvements being the voice of the customer.
- Work directly with Luno product management and engineering to ensure that level 3 customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible (Release Alignment)
- Removing impediments or guiding your team to remove impediments
- Manage team and individual performance, providing regular reviews and guidance to the team.
- Facilitating getting the work done, assigning, or dictating the work, including inter-team task coordination
- Providing all support to the team using a collaborative leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Ensuring at all times that initiatives and priorities align with the organisational objectives and key results (OKRs) in conjunction with the Operations Teams
- Available on-call outside of business hours to manage urgent issues (on rotation)
Your first 90 days
Your first two weeks are mostly covered by the company induction. During this time, you will meet the wider team and start our engineering on-boarding program.
You’ll meet the team you’ll be leading and quickly align on the teams’ current OKRs and product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager (Engineering Director) and peers (we currently have five Engineering Managers) and will encourage you to do the same.
What you'll need
- The right person will have a track record of leading highly technical and analytical professionals great with stakeholder management.
- Strong customer focus and bias for action; and ability to work with remote teams.
- Experience in management including hiring and structuring teams.
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for enabling ITIL (ITSM)
- Solid knowledge of a ticketing tool such as JIRA a must (We use Phabricator which is similar)
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa, if you are not a South African citizen
- Basic knowledge of and passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
What’s in it for you?
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You’ll work with multiple globally distributed teams.
- You’ll gain experience working in a mobile-first fast scaling business with 3 million customers, handling billions of USD transactions, where quality and security come first.
- We’ll provide you with support and learning opportunities to further develop as an engineering leader through our leadership development program, and access to thousands of Udemy courses.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent leaders have diverse backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.
Want to learn more about Luno? Visit Luno's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Director, Quality Assurance Operations
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States