The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as individuals.
Together, we are upgrading the world of work to unleash the potential within and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
Your mission will involve:
- Design, build and maintain advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Write testable, maintainable code for robustness and reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Write code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience building high quality iOS apps
- Be proficient in Swift and Objective-C
- A deep understanding of UIKit and other core iOS frameworks as well as relevant iOS libraries
- A keen interest in mobile UX/UI design and the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Knowledge of technologies and like SQL, networking and build systems
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- A passion for software development, mobile technology and Bitcoin
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
Life at Luno:
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you..
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free online learning via Udemy, an international teaching marketplace with over 100000 courses from Harvard and other leading providers + share knowledge with your peers.
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - we fly in everyone around the globe to Luno’s birth town to brainstorm and celebrate our successes.
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with medical insurance.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day (like that course you’ve always been meaning to do!)
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Be part of the change! 🚀
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.