The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as individuals.
Together, we are upgrading the world of work to unleash the potential within and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a nutshell:
You will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems, depending on your ability and interests.
Your mission will involve:
- Work closely with our data science team on projects introducing new streams of data into our data lake
- Get to bring new ideas on how to further develop and innovate our data solutions and how to expose that data to the business
- Work in an Agile/Scrum framework or Agile mindset
- Data backup/recovery and storage
- Pick-up and learn new concepts, in both engineering and product, and be able to apply that knowledge quickly.
The ideal candidate for the role, will have:
- 4+ years' experience in maintaining BI solutions and/or you are passionate about it
- Proven track record of setting up, restructuring and maintenance of databases
- You'll know your way around ETL and you have experience with SQL
- Experience in the AWS Data stack (DynamoDB, RedShift, Amazon RDS)
- Familiarity with integrating data stores with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- You have experience with the concepts of CI/CD
- Preferably coding skills in Go and/or Python (preferred)
- AWS Big Data Certification (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin
Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you..
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free online learning via Udemy, an international teaching marketplace with over 100000 courses from Harvard and other leading providers + share knowledge with your peers.
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with medical insurance.
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - we fly in everyone around the globe to Luno’s birth town to brainstorm and celebrate our successes.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day (like that course you’ve always been meaning to do!)
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Be part of the change! 🚀
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.