Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
We’re looking for a competent Compliance Analyst to join our South African compliance team, based in Cape Town. You will be an integral part of a growing organisation that seeks to provide world-class service to our business globally.
What you'll do
- Support Luno’s compliance efforts across multiple geographies
- Design risk based rules and investigate suspicious activity flagged by the system
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations, including but not limited to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customers (KYC)
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews of customers and research, organise, file and document the outcomes of the reviews
- Assist in the implementation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations
- Assist in the design of compliance-related products and rules or other company products having compliance impact
- Report and present compliance related data
- File STR and other regulatory reports
- Support external compliance audits
- Respond to law enforcement and money laundering related requests
What you’ll need
- University degree from a top tertiary institution
- At least 3 years work experience in a related or similar field
- Strong at report writing and documenting outcomes of investigations
- High proficiency in English
- If not a South African citizen, a valid work permit to work in South Africa
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Prior compliance experience in the financial sector preferred
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies will be highly advantageous
What you’ll get:
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about, and work at the cutting edge of digital currencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. Some of our benefits include free lunch, access to free online learning, a truly global experience and the autonomy to conceive and execute projects. Best of all, you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people who share the vision of upgrading the world to a better financial system.
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.
Want to learn more about Luno? Visit Luno's website.
Jobs You May Like
Digital Marketing Manager
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Threat Intelligence Consultant
Recorded Future, London, UK
Head of Data Science
Zendrive, San Francisco California
Cyber Threat Intelligence Adjunct Instructor (Part Time IC)
SecureSet Academy, Denver
Data Scientist, Growth Analytics