Country Manager/GM - Southeast Asia - Singapore
Digital currency for everyone, everywhere
Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
The role provides an opportunity for a talented leader to build out our Southeast Asia business. We're looking to hire a world class operator who likes to build businesses from the ground up, recruit and manage teams, and drive growth.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of the Singapore market and drive market leadership & success across Southeast Asia
- Build relationships with banks, financial institutions, regulators, merchants, media
- Shape Luno market strategy for the region
- Own and drive local product strategy for the market
- Oversee local marketing campaigns
- Optimize processes across the local business to run an efficient business
- Manage an existing team and help recruit local/regional team
- Explore and initiate new country launches across the region
What you’ll need
- A relevant university qualification from a top university
- 6-8 years work experience
- Preferably a basic knowledge of how crypto-currencies like Bitcoin work, and enthusiasm to promote cryptocurrencies
- Ability to handle industry and regulatory complexities
- Someone who thinks on their feet and gets things done
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to attract talent and build a world class team
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Preferably right to work in Singapore
Cover letter: Please make sure you submit a cover letter describing why you're interested in Luno and the role and what makes you the right candidate.
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.
Want to learn more about Luno? Visit Luno's website.
Jobs You May Like
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media
Andela, New York City, San Francisco
Qumulo, Seattle, WA
Wizeline, Los Angeles, USA (Remote)
Business Development Manager - Arabic Speaking
Deliveroo, Al Barsha, Dubai
XO Group, New York