Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a new financial system.
What you'll do:
- Support Luno’s fraud prevention efforts across multiple geographies
- Identify trends and stop fraud before it happens
- Play a key role in the continuous development of the fraud prevention functions
- Perform detailed investigations on high risk accounts and transactions
- Take ownership of end to end investigation of cases
- Respond to requests from Law enforcement, regulators and banks
- Investigate and report suspicious transactions and activity
- Keep details logs of incidents and prepare regular and ad-hoc reports
- Develop and improve internal processes
What you’ll need:
- University degree from reputable tertiary institution
- 1-3 years work experience
- A can do, get things done attitude
- Proven experience in a Fraud-based role within a financial services, retail or a commercial environment preferred
- Strong desire to learn new information and techniques in a constantly evolving field
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to make sense of large amounts of data
- High proficiency in English
- A work permit for South Africa, if you are not a South African citizen
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies will be highly advantageous
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
About Luno We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from. Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin. Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.
Want to learn more about Luno? Visit Luno's website.
Jobs You May Like
Campaign Supervisor, Programmatic
AKQA, San Francisco
Data Science - Inference, Trips
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Director of Business Intelligence
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA
Data Operations Analyst
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Research Engineer - London
Element AI, London
Senior Director Of Research and Algorithms
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv-Yafo