Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B -funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
What you'll do
- As a Software Engineer at Luno, you will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems
- Write server-side code for web applications
- Write backend infrastructure code for transaction processing, order matching engines, analytics, etc
- Work on diverse set of projects including web frontends, internal systems, trading, APIs, security, mobile apps
- Write impactful code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem
What you’ll need
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, distributed computing, software design
- Knowledge of technologies like SQL, Ajax, HTML, networking
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A passion for cryptography, security and Bitcoin
What you’ll get
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. We provide great benefits coupled with a global experience and the autonomy to conceive and execute your own projects. Best of all you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.
Want to learn more about Luno? Visit Luno's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Product Manager - Marketing
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Front End Developer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sailthru, Wellington, NZ
Senior Software Developer - Success Engineering
Tulip Retail, Toronto or Kitchener
Staff Software Engineer, Core Platform
TuneIn, San Francisco or Los Angeles
Front-end UI Developer
BounceX, New York