Luno is a leading global digital currency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B -funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
What you'll do
- As a Software Engineer at Luno, you will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems
- Write server-side code for web applications
- Write backend infrastructure code for transaction processing, order matching engines, analytics, etc
- Work on diverse set of projects including web frontends, internal systems, trading, APIs, security, mobile apps
- Write impactful code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem
What you’ll need
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, distributed computing, software design
- Knowledge of technologies like SQL, Ajax, HTML, networking
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A passion for cryptography, security and Bitcoin
Digital currencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
About Luno We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from. Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin. Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.
Want to learn more about Luno? Visit Luno's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires
Senior UI Engineer - Globalization Technologies & Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer: Android
Postmates, San Francisco
Senior Software Developer, Shopify Plus
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
The Democratic Party, Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
Full Stack Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY