Platform Frontend Product Owner
Luno, Johannesburg and Cape Town
Digital currency for everyone, everywhere
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual. Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars.
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
- We are Series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
- Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars since we’ve launched
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
- Help influence and maintain a frontend platform roadmap based on our architectural goals
- Work with internal product teams to design and implement tooling and systems to facilitate their work
- Work with the data and/or UX teams to research, prototype, test and validate ideas around our design system, tooling and frontend architecture
- Work with the engineering team to translate your platform roadmap into detailed requirements
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of platform changes and recommend improvements
- Help facilitate increased productivity among our product teams by defining and optimising for key metrics
- Understand our product teams (your internal customers) through analysis, research and direct interaction
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis on design systems, tooling and frontend architecture
- Coordinate work between multiple teams across multiple countries
- Be available to the team to answer questions and provide clarity on decisions
- At least 5 years experience as a frontend engineer
- At least 2 years as a product owner, with a balance between both roles
- Excellent prioritisation and time-management skills
- The drive to achieve solutions through cooperation and collaboration
- A positive and friendly disposition, with a ‘can do’ attitude, because you'll be dealing with many stakeholders throughout the product, engineering, design and data and translation teams
- An interest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (highly advantageous given the work we do)
- You'll be able to continuously upskill yourself with access to free online learning via Udemy, Harvard and other leading providers + share knowledge with your peers.
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with medical insurance.
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite - As a team member working outside of Cape Town, you'll be flown to Luno’s birth town annually to join in-depth strategy sessions and celebrate our successes.
- We'll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday.
- Generous maternity/paternity paid time off, and even paw-ternity leave for your furry friend.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We are a social bunch of people, so bring on the quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
We believe that decentralised digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will fundamentally change how the world views and uses money: cheaper, faster and safer transactions; more privacy and freedom; a significantly better user experience; and ultimately, more equality through giving everyone in the world access to the same financial system, no matter who they are or where they are from.
Today we are one of the world’s leading digital currency companies with a team of over 40 technology and finance experts, operating across several countries and continents. Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin.
Our vision is to empower billions of people by bringing digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to everyone, everywhere.