Assistant Manager - Fresno Fashion Fair
Lush Cosmetics, Fresno, California, United States
Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
Position: Assistant Manager
Ever wondered what it’s like behind the bubbles? #lushcareers
Lush North America has been creating fresh and handmade cosmetics for the past 20 years- keeping our customers’ bathtubs and showers a little more magical through our retail shops across Canada and the US. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
We are currently searching for a creative and dynamic leader to join our team as an Assistant Manager. As an Assistant Manager you bring Lush’s Leadership Practices into all elements of your business: Be Real, Be Curious, Lead Fearlessly, Adapt and Evolve, Grow Talent, and Live with Purpose. You take initiative to drive your own development and improve your practice of leadership and management to step into your future role as Store Manager.
- A fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged
- A 50% discount off all our products to keep you smelling and feeling fresh
- An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
- The opportunity for growth as Lush loves to promote from within
- Three amazing manager meetings a year
Unique Customer Experience:
- Customer Service: ensure a unique customer experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their needs and makes their day.
- Building the Brand: educate our customers on our brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian, Handmade, and Naked Packaging.
- Driving Sales: demonstrate strong business acumen and understanding of your business metrics and reports and how to impact them through behaviors on the floor.
Unique Staff Journey:
- Development and Engagement: Help to engage the staff at every level of your business to ensure they are inspiring, motivated and building strong customer relationships.
- Recruitment and Selection: Support the staffing of your shop with top-performing staff by working actively within your markets to network, recruit, hire and succession plan.
- Policies and Procedures: Support your Manager to run a tight ship in which your staff are aware and comply with company standards for time and attendance, product integrity, respectful workplace, and health and safety.
- Stock and Inventory: Support the training of your inventory team to abide by fresh standards and rotation rules and manage ordering to ensure the right products, in the right amounts are in the store at the right times
- Visuals and Merchandising: Identify and support development of your team to take pride in a clean and beautiful work environment and follow the merchandising and design standards.
- 1-3 years managing or supervising in a retail environment
- Ability to manage reporting systems, outlook, excel and MS word
- Can lift to 30 lbs; reasonable accommodations will be made for any employee when necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback
- Strong time-management and planning practices
- Experience working in skincare or cosmetics
- Experience with fresh product, ordering and rotation
At Lush, we believe when we continue to foster a culture of inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We recruit from a variety of employment agencies, community groups, non-profits, and online social and job sites, and in our business practices, strive to leverage the gift that diversity brings.
Lush North America unequivocally supports equal opportunity employment for all applicants regardless of religion, race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, differently abled, adverse mental health, and other characteristics both defined, protected and enforced by the law under federal or provincial/state jurisdiction.
About Lush Cosmetics
About us Our Core Beliefs We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics. We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made. We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans. We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud. We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again. We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
Want to learn more about Lush Cosmetics? Visit Lush Cosmetics's website.
Jobs You May Like
sweetgreen, Fairfax, VA
Patient Support Representative
Sales Associate- Destin Commons
Lush Cosmetics, Destin, FL, USA
Auxiliar de Loja - São Paulo
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Developer Support Agent
Slack, Vancouver, Canada
Product Support Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA