Embedded Software Lead
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft we care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience: this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver.
We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. A strong awareness of our environment will allow us to operate respectfully in our neighborhoods. Simply put: to be considerate of our communities.
Naturally, we are also embracing the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and it is our ambition to become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy and Artificial Intelligence a safe reality.
By joining the Autonomous Tech group, you will have the opportunity as a founding team member to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions enabling the revolution of transportation and information.
About the Role
Lyft’s autonomous vehicle architecture consists of a complex network of embedded microcontrollers, which are responsible for communicating directly with custom electronics.As the lead of the embedded software team, you will be responsible for defining, developing and maintaining the code that runs on these systems. This will involve working closely with electrical engineers and logic designers, as well as software engineers and roboticists responsible for code running on x86/Linux machines. As an early member of a rapidly growing team, you will be able to make a large impact on the future of Lyft’s autonomous efforts.
* MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience
* At least 2 years of experience as a technical leader in the robotics field
* Extensive programming experience in C/C++
* Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability
* Deep knowledge of embedded programming platforms
* Strong experience working closely with sensors and actuators
* PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
* RTOS programming experience
* Some expertise in localization, controls, machine learning or graphics
* Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system or self-driving technologies
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.