Infrastructure and Tools Software Engineering Manager
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
At Lyft we care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe.
We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives and with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development and operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a founding member of the Autonomous Tech group, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software solutions and thereby revolutionizing transportation.
As a leader of the Autonomy Infra and Tools Teams, you will build and manage the team that enables other teams that are building software and services for a self driving car. Your team will be responsible for building infrastructure and tools that support the massive amounts of sensor data that comes in every day from the car fleet. This data will need to be processed to enable Machine Learning and Deep Learning further upstream that enable Perception and Motion Planning etc.. You will be working with other teams in the Autonomous Vehicle organization such as the Onboard Systems Software team and the Autonomy Team as well as teams in other organizations at Lyft.
As a member of a rapidly growing team in an exciting area, you will be able to make a large impact on the definition of our product by building high performing teams and shaping the technical strategy and roadmap.
For this position, we are looking for a leader with significant experience building and maintaining infrastructure and systems capable of handling massive amounts of data and compute. In your role you will be involved in hiring and growing the best people with deep expertise in areas such as Data, Machine Learning and Deep Learning infrastructures and tools. You will be helping shape the overall technical strategy and roadmap of Lyft’s Autonomous Vehicle software.
- MS in Computer Science or related field with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Deep experience working on multiple aspects of Data, Machine Learning and Deep Learning infrastructures and tools
- Experience building and managing teams of at least 20 people
- Extensive programming experience, ideally in C++ and Python
- Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations
- Extensive experience developing deep nets for inferencing at scale or on embedded platforms
- Experience in TensorFlow, Caffe, or related technologies
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system or self-driving technologies
- Experience launching products containing deep learning algorithms
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.