Controls Engineer Lead
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
About the Role
As part of the Autonomy Software Team, you will be interacting on a daily basis with software engineers and data scientists to tackle the most advanced autonomy challenges.
As a leader of a rapidly growing team, you will be able to make a large impact on the definition of our product.
For this position, we are looking for a technology lead with a broad understanding of autonomous vehicles in general and a strong expertise in motion planning algorithms.
In your role you will develop and deploy a real-time lateral and longitudinal control system for an automobile. Experience with tire models, vehicle dynamics, feed-forward and error driven controllers is necessary.
* MS in Computer Science or related field with at least 10 years of relevant
* Expert in latest real-time path planning technologies such as optimization
* Extensive programming experience, ideally in C++ and Python
* Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability and
* PhD in Computer Science or related field
* Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations
* Extensive experience developing optimal control systems
* Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system or self-driving
* Experience launching products containing deep learning algorithms
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.