Lyft is seeking a producer for the Product Design team. Producers are strategic partners with the design leads in the studio, leading and driving the design work forward every day. You’re passionate about design, and will help develop process and structure around projects within and around the design organization to make it as effective as possible. You will work across teams to shepherd and manage the delivery of design and customer experiences to completion. A creative approach to the operational aspects is your strength, along with strategic thinking and planning. You thrive in taking complexities to a simple, actionable level across design leadership, and help define the ‘brand’ of product design throughout the company. You’re savvy at connecting the dots, being a trusted partner to cross functional peers at Lyft. You’ll be a leader within the design studio and an advocate for the Product Design team and the design process.
- Understand the core features and product inside out, and work with the team to help set design goals and trajectory
- Shape, implement and document processes to streamline projects and elevate the quality of the design work
- Work directly with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, prototypers and animators
- Collaborate, communicate, and negotiate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Own and drive the design project lifecycle from strategic planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, design reviews, delivery and implementation to launch
- Scope and define projects strategically with cross functional partners and design team
- Lead quarterly planning and prioritization with cross functional teams, balancing multiple inputs and needs
- Provide up to date visibility into current projects, team utilization, project health and priorities
- Participate in and facilitate design reviews, prep, and post-mortems
- Collaborate with producer team and design leads with resourcing and team allocation
- Manage deliverables in an accurate and timely fashion
- 5+ years experience in a cross-functional product or design agency
- Passion for user experience and design
- Proven ability to manage workflows, project plans and ship high quality design
- A ‘big picture’ approach in helping establish, support, and engage teams, while still managing the details
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Attention to detail with borderline obsessive organizational skills
- Relevant understanding and appreciation of current product design processes and systems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and malleable workflows
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Resilience and equanimity in dealing with change, challenges and adversity
- Proactive in seeking opportunities to improve and expand team and personal skills and experience
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Wherever you’re headed, count on Lyft for rides in minutes. The Lyft app matches you with local drivers at the tap of a button. Just request and go.
Ride by ride, we’re changing the way our world works.